Part 5

Feeding an alien was much more difficult than one might think. You had already gone through all of the food in your fridge. First, you tried making a turkey sandwich, which he took one bite of before rudely spitting it out and explaining how it was "the most awful food he has ever consumed."

The first time wasn't bad. But when he simply refused to try another bite of a hot pocket you had so generously heated up for him after giving him cheese, ham, Taquitos, and leftover ravioli from Olive Garden, you were becoming increasingly frustrated.

"Tom, you didn't even take a bite of it."

"I did! And it smells awful!" He argued.

He was like a picky child. Stubborn and refusing until he got his way like some sort of royalty.

For some reason, you hadn't expected the alien to even want to try any fresh produce. You kept thinking of sci-fi movies where the aliens ate food heated up from a tinfoil bag. You also weren't entirely used to having food in your fridge, but suddenly remembered that you went to the store yesterday.

"Here, why don't you try some fruit?" You pulled out various fruits and placed them in front of him. He stared at them like you were crazy. You explained what each one of them is, showing him which ones were apples, strawberries, mangos, bananas, and blueberries.

"These look scary." He said innocently.

You sighed, frustrated. "Please just try them."

The alien seemed to start to feel bad for causing so much trouble. You were obviously growing annoyed and slightly concerned that the alien wouldn't find anything he liked to eat. You showed him how to peel a banana and then tore off a piece to give to him. He grabbed it reluctantly and took a bite. His face lit up.

"I don't entirely hate this!"

You took a step back and fist-bumped the air with both of your hands in accomplishment. Finally. You explained how to eat the other fruits and for the most part, he seemed to think they were okay. Afterwards, you had him try vegetables, which he also found not entirely horrible.

"So, we will stick to the fresh stuff." You smiled and he nodded while taking a bite of a strawberry.

After heating up a hot pocket for yourself, you settled Tom down in his room and went to yours and thought about what a crazy day it had truly been. What were you meant to do from here? For now, you decided, you would leave that question for the morning.

————————-

The alien woke up before you did.

You heard stirring in the kitchen and because you were not used to the fact of someone else living in your house, and you didn't expect Tom to be up, you stealthily slipped into the hallway grabbing a sturdy hanger on your way. Perhaps, you thought, the government was finally here to take away your alien.

Rounding the corner quietly with the hanger held out defensively in front of you, you jumped into the kitchen ready to attack. But, all you found was a boy in pajamas with a halfway eaten mango staring at you startled.

"Oh, Tom, sorry." You awkwardly through the hanger on to the couch just outside the kitchen and looked away awkwardly. You felt bad for scaring him.

"It's okay. What were you doing?" He asked tentatively.

You put on a shy smile, embarrassed about what just happened and said, "I didn't know you were awake. I thought there might be someone in the house."

He nodded at you curiously and stood up to the see what you had been holding when you first jumped into the kitchen. "And you were going to attack with what you explained to me as an object that holds clothes?"