Chapter 5

I stared into Billie Joe's green eyes and smiled. "I still have feelings for you, you know?"

"Really?" He asked. "Or are you just messing with me?"

I giggled. "Really. For real. Seriously."

Billie smiled at me but his smile faded and he looked down. "I'm sorry, Tre. I'm so sorry about that night a long time ago."

"Hey," I wrapped my arms around him and squeezed him tightly. "It's okay. Don't worry about it."

"You really are amazing, Tre." He smile sweetly at me.

"And so are you." I smiled back at him and pecked his cheek.

"So... Are we a couple now or?"

I giggled. "Sure. But only if you want to be."

He nodded. "I want to be. Now c'mon. Let's go see Mike's baby." He took my hand and laced our fingers together.

----

"She's so adorable!" I squealed and poked her tummy.

"Thanks." Mike said and then chuckled. I looked at Billie and smiled, which he returned.

"Tre, Billie, can you come here for a second?" Brittany called for us from the kitchen.

I followed behind Billie until we reached the kitchen where Brittany was cleaning bottles.

"Yeah?" I asked.

She grinned. "What's going on?"

"What do you mean?" Billie asked.

"You two. Something's going on, right? Don't lie to me."

"Umm... I don't know what you're talking about." I said nervously and looked at Billie Joe. He shrugged at me and looked back at Brittany.

"Oh, so you're not going to tell me. Okay then. I'll figure this out myself. I know there is something going on. I can tell the way you look at each other." She smiled at us and left the room.

"What are we gonna do?" I whispered to Billie.

"Don't worry babe. She won't figure it out." He assured me and blew a kiss towards me. I followed him back to the room where Mike was laying Ryan down in her crib.

"So, how's everything going with you guys?" Brittany asked, rocking back and forth on her heels.

"Just fine. After all, we are just best friends, right Tre?"

I nodded and hummed in response.

"Yeah. Best friends." Brittany smirked and patted our back.