Chapter 4

~Two Months Later~

"Mike, it's going to be alright." Billie Joe said patting his back.

"I'm just worried." He said with a sigh.

"Well, don't be. Everything will be fine." He assured Mike. I sent a smile toward him, which he nervously returned.

"So what are you going to name it?" I asked, hoping to make him feel better.

"Ryan." He simply said. I nodded and looked away.

It's been two months since Billie had actually spoke to me. I think he's been avoiding me. I've still never found out what he was going to tell me that day. I bring it, but he changes the subject. Maybe it was just nothing.

I absolutely hate hospitals. That's why I wish Brittany would hurry up and have the baby already. I felt a little bad for Mike, because he's so worried, but then again I felt happy for him. He loves Brittany, and I can tell. She's pretty much all he talks about. And he's been dying for kids.

Mike, Billie Joe, and me were walking down the quiet hallway to Brittany's room. I felt like running and joking around, but things weren't all jokes now.

"I wonder how the baby will look. I'm so excited. Oh my God." Mike said with enthusiasm.

I smiled as we slowly walked in the room with Mike in front of us. I watched with a smile as he picked up the baby from Brittany's arms and admired it.

"It's so small." I said in a whisper. Me and Billie were both hovering over Mike's shoulder, watching the baby as she giggled.

For about an hour we gently played around with the baby. But after that me and Billie went back into the waiting room, to wait for Mike. He said he wanted to talk to Brittany for a few minutes before leaving.

I sat in a chair and stared at the window. It looked so dark outside, I could barely see anything. The waiting room was empty except for me and Billie and that's when I realized it was a good time to ask him the question I've been wanting an answer to.

"Billie?"

"Yeah, Tre?"

"What's changed?"

He looked at me confusingly. "What do you mean?"

"A few weeks ago, when you were talking to me. You said things have changed, but Mike interrupted us, so... What changed?"

He cleared his throat. "Can we just talk about something else?"

I shook my head. "Not until I get an answer."

He sighed. "Fine... Tre, over the years I've... I've gotten feelings for you."

"Are you serious?" I asked.

"Yeah. I know you probably don't feel the same about me now. But I-"

"Okay guys, let's go." Mike said. Me and Billie nodded before getting up and following Mike to the car.

I looked at Billie and smiled. How could he have got feelings for me? I wasn't even worried about the question, I was too busy smiling and blushing like a retard.