Chapter 26: Fuck This Town

Start from the beginning

"What's with the boxes?" Y/n glanced into the kitchen, which was completely empty, hoping they weren't leaving town.

"I plan on using a shrinking spell on this stuff until we move into a new house." Dylan was nonchalant about his answer, having mentally prepared for this month's prior. His answer halfway relieved Y/n.

"Okay- but why? You find a better house around here or something?" Y/n moved to sit on the stairs, watching him move around still putting things in boxes. She leaned her head onto one of the bars connected to the railing seeing a, still open, box to her right labeled 'Witchy stuff'.

"No. We're leaving. This town has brought nothing but chaos and danger into our lives. Two of the biggest things I wanted to avoid." Dylan picked up a potion bottle, examining it, before tossing it into another 'Witchy Stuff' box.

How did that not shatter?

"But Dy-" Y/n shut her eyes as Dylan cut her off.

"We're leaving Y/n. You can say your goodbyes tomorrow." Her brother finally turned to face her, tossing something else into another box.

"Dylan it's over, no one is out to get us anymore." Y/n, at this point, doubted that statement but she needed to stay in Hemlock Grove. Mostly to look after Nadia.

"That's what we thought after the whole Vargulf incident and after killing those guys who attacked us and then after severing the connection with Shelley." Dylan listened as he pulled out a grey candle, setting it down on the table.

"I know bu-" Y/n tried, but was cut off once again.

"Y/n! I don't wanna hear it. We're leaving okay. Now go upstairs and get some rest. We'll get your things from Roman's house in the morning." He pulled out a lighter to light the candle. This candle was a magical object. If lit in a closed area no one can leave unless the person who lit it, supernatural or not, puts out the flame.

Y/n stared at the candle for a minute before letting out a small huff and went upstairs.

Why do we even still have that thing?

Peter

Some time later

Peter had decided to take Nadia to the park some time after Y/n and Dylan left. He used this time with the infant to take his mind off having to lie, this time to Y/n, about Destiny's death. Lying is what got Destiny killed in the first place.

As he swung Nadia on the swing a familiar woman approached him. It was Annie. She'd taken it upon herself to tell Peter the truth about Destiny's death. 

He was furious, Roman had lied to him and on top of that he killed Milan for no reason. Nadia was handed over to Annie, who was told to take the baby to a small place where people that he trusted lived. Peter was now dead set on avenging his cousin.

As far as he was concerned, Roman was a dead man walking.

Shelley

Abandoned Godfrey Mill

Shelley was in her 'room' at the abandoned mill she'd arrived in just a month or so prior. She was just standing there wondering where she'd be headed next. All of the people, all of the friends she made, who once lived there have now been cleared out. As well as the man she thought she was going to leave with.

The girl was about to leave when she saw a woman in front of her holding a small bundle.

The woman introduced herself as Annie and introduced Nadia as Shelley's niece. Shelley, just now being told this, assumed the baby was Annie's. So of course when Annie asked her to watch Nadia she said yes.