Chapter 9: Not Alone

Start from the beginning

"Just give me the fucking keys," Peter got annoyed and held out his hand.

"All right," Roman gave in and threw Peter the keys. Roman got in the passenger seat and Y/n got in the back. 

She laid her feet across the other seats and put her back against the door, of course making sure it was locked. The girls watched as Roman sticks his head and arms out of the window.

They drove for a while until Peter stopped at the pier.

"Why are we stopping?" Roman looked around, figuring out where they were.

"Because someone needs to say it. The vargulf is my problem. I'm the one on the hook." Peter took the keys out the ignition.

"And?" Y/n leaned forward over the seat.

"Why are you here? You know. I know why she's here but why are you?" Peter asked Roman. Honestly Y/n was curious too.

"Yeah, I thought I did for a while. Then it all went to shit." Roman looked off into space.

"Tell me why you want to come with me tonight," Peter's full attetion was on him.

"It's not about being a hero," Roman confirmed. Y/n pressed her lips into a thin line.

Sure did sound like it.

"Are you sure about that?" Peter squinted his eyes causing Y/n to hit his shoulder.

You can think it and not say it, Y'know.

"I'm sorry for being a pain in your balls, OK? I got confused. Things are clearer now." Roman told him.

"At what point does trusting you make me a fucking idiot?" Peter asked.

"I wish no one else had to get hurt," Roman looked down.

"Someone is tonight." Peter messed with his fingers

"I know. Look, I just wanna be your friend. You two shouldn't be out there alone." Roman said glancing at Y/n mid-sentence, causing her to smile.

You are my friend rich bitch.

"Simple as that. You're a loose cannon, Godfrey. I'm gonna have your goddamn stripes for this." Peter started the car and drove off.

At school

Roman went inside to let Shelley know he's okay and that he has to do something while Peter and Y/n stay in the car listening to the radio.

"Sheriff Sworn, could you address some of the wild rumors going around about the nature of these attacks? Is this, in fact, a wild animal, or, as the fringe has suggested, is it some maniac mimicking a werewolf?" The radio host asked.

"Forensics tells us the attacks are animal in nature, but the pattern of the last two months can't be denied." Sheriff Sworn asked.

"Meaning what exactly?" The host asked.

"Meaning a curfew will be in effect for all minors as of sundown. Non-minors on the street after sundown will be expected to have a damn good reason to be." Sworn answered.

"Thank you, Sheriff Sworn. You heard it. Stay inside and lock your doors." The host replied.

The two stopped listening when they saw Roman come back.

"Let's go." Roman got back in the car and they drove off to the mill.

The Godfrey Mill

"You're sure about this?" Peter asked, looking at his friends.

"Are you?" Roman asked while Y/n just nodded.