2- The Day Off

Chapter 2

The Day Off

Claire's POV

>>>6 days later>>>

I woke up to my alarm clock and hurriedly got ready. I got into the shower and made sure to wash my long brunette hair. I put it up into a neat bun and looked at it in the mirror.

I put on the normal clothes that I had over my ballet attire and put my pointe shoes in my duffle bag. I forgot to mention that I love to dance. It's a passion and it is definitely in my blood. I don't really get to go out and dance a lot, so that's why I do it any chance I get. I slip out of my quarters and walk down the corridor towards the exit. No one goes this way to leave because it's slightly inconvenient, so it's the perfect escape. No one knows exactly where I go on my days off, but thats the entire point.

I hitched a ride off of the base and into D.C. I jumped out of the moving vehicle when no one was looking and called a cab once I was on the sidewalk. When the cab came, the man drove me to the ballet studio I usually go to and it took about a good 15 minutes to get there. I greet the lady at the front desk and asked her if any of the studio's were available, usually there is.

"Sure, there is an empty studio down the hall to the left," She said in a monotone voice. It's not all cheery for everyone these days so I kinda get that.

"Ok, thanks," I paid my fee and walked down to the room. I took off the clothes that I had over top of my ballet attire, except for my sweater, and put on my tutu along with my pointe shoes. I plugged my IPod up to the IHome. I stretched before I started dancing, and when my favorite song had come on, I couldn't stop.

Titanium — (I do not own this song)

You shout it out
But I can't hear a word you say
I'm talking loud not saying much
I'm criticized
But all your bullets ricochet
Shoot me down, but I get up
I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose
Fire away, fire away
Ricochet, you take your aim
Fire away, fire away
You shoot me down but I won't fall
I am titanium
You shoot me down but I won't fall
I am titanium
Cut me down
But it's you who'll have further to fall
Ghost town and haunted love
Raise your voice, sticks and stones may break my bones
I'm talking loud not saying much
I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose
Fire away, fire away
Ricochet, you take your aim
Fire away, fire away
You shoot me down but I won't fall
I am titanium
You shoot me down but I won't fall
I am titanium
I am titanium
I am titanium
Stone-hard, machine gun
Firing at the ones who run
Stone-hard as bulletproof glass-

I stopped dancing when the music stopped abruptly in the middle of my favorite part. I turned and saw Agent Romanoff leaning against the threshold. We stood there for a second in silence, all you could hear was my heavy breathing.

"That's my favorite song."

Natasha's POV

I spotted Agent Valentine leaving the base through one of the exits that no one really used. All she had was a duffle bag over her shoulder. Curiosity got the best of me and I followed her here. I wasn't expecting this though. I was pretty shocked to say the least.

"How did you find me?" She asked still breathing heavily. I looked around the studio. It's been a while since I've been in one of these.

"I followed you," I said nonchalantly. Her eyebrows furrowed and she gave me a questioning but frustrated look.