Chapter 17

When Allen awoke from her dream, the first thing she registered was the pain in her left arm, which brought her wide awake, worried for Crown Clown. The second thing she noticed was that she couldn't move said Innocence. The third thing she noticed was the blackness the area around her was, like a void and the candles floating in the air. The pain reminding her, Allen immediately called for her Innocence.

'Clown, are you alright?!'

'Could be...better, but I am fine. Though please get those nails out as soon as possible, they are annoying.'

Looking towards her left arm, just like Clown said there were giant nails nailed on her Innocence-activated arm. Looking around, she noticed Road was standing in front of a large chair, wearing her exorcist coat. The two Akuma were next to Road, one on each of her sides. There was also a floating umbrella.

Looking at Road also made Allen want to blurt things out that would get her killed for some reason just to try to rile the Noah up. She blames Neah for it all, and Crown Clown couldn't help but agree (despite both knowing the truth of why Allen was feeling like that).

(Neah, once again, sneezed for no apparent reason wherever he is. He groans when the house of cards he was building falls over for the umpteenth time. He blames Cross again.)

"A-Allen...!" Miranda's voice caught Allen's attention. Looking towards where Miranda's voice came from, she saw that Miranda was crying, her hands nailed to her clock. Allen was horrified but relieved that Miranda's (not exactly sane) mind was still intact.

"Miranda-san, are you alright...?!" Allen was greatly worried about the amount of pain Miranda was in at the moment. Miranda nodded, still scared out of her mind, and was about to say something when Road spoke.

"Oh, you're awake~? You were stronger than I expected, so I interfered so you wouldn't kill all the Akuma; they're the only ones here after all." Road turned around and faced Allen, the Akuma at her sides and the floating umbrella following suit. Road tilted her body to the side a little, and Allen was able to see Lenalee, eyes half-lidded but not really conscious, dressed up and decorated like a doll. Following her gaze, Road glanced at Lenalee and smirked.

"Like with what I did with her~? Exorcist dolls are such a rarity, so I just had to dress this girl up~!" Road walked close to Allen. "Your name is Allen, right? That's a boy's name, why did your parents name you that?"

Allen narrowed her eyes but said nothing. Road was not deterred from this and just walked closer, her smile widening. It wasn't long before she was right in front of Allen, her amused eyes meeting with Allen's defiant ones.

"You are human." It wasn't a question, Allen knew who Road was, or rather what.

Road's eyes widened a bit, but nothing else changed. "Correct~! But at the same time, I'm not a human like you exorcists. You said it earlier, right?"

"You're part of the Noah clan. The superhumans who work for the Millennium Earl."

"Right again~! I wonder, how do you know this stuff? You aren't a Bookman, yet you know stuff even the exorcists don't know. How Allen? How much do you know?"

At Road's interrogation, Allen closed her eyes. Seeing it as a refusal to answering her question, Road turned around to leave, when Allen spoke.

"You are Road Camelot, the eldest Noah, the Noah of Dreams, and one of two of the Noah clan to survive Neah D. Campell's massacre 35 years ago." Before she knew it, the words just flew out of Allen's mouth.

('...Why Allen, just why?' Crown Clown was exasperated but unsurprised. This is unavoidable, considering Allen's connections with the Noah and the Millennium Earl she was bound to do something like this, even without Neah's influence.