Chapter 27 - Team Up

Start from the beginning

"Everyone, what is important to investigators? Exterminating ghouls? No, it's to protect peace. We need to protect it, and this moment we need to fight even with ghouls.", says Amon.

Hearing his speech, the quinckes squad except Tooru and Shinsanpei raise their hand and telling Marude that they willing to work together. The others still refused and they start bringing CCG's pride into this matter. Hearing their objection, the ghouls takes off their masks.

"Pride? Is that important now? We don't care about it now and we choose to fight and defeat that thing first. That's what our king wants to."

Investigators dumbfounded when they see the ghouls take off their mask then Marude asks Juuzou about his opinion. He agrees to work together then the CCG accept their proposal. After hearing their answer, Kaneki steps forward to Marude while carrying someone with a rabbit mask.

"Marude-san, I need your help. You have medical teams at here, right?"

Kaneki lays down the person at his arms, then he takes off the rabbit mask and reveals Touka's face.

"This person...?"

"She is Kirishima Touka, a.k.a 'King' also, she is my wife."

"Ah, I see... Your wi- Wait, YOUR WHAT?!?"

"My wife. She coughed blood and she unconscious since then, I don't know what happen to her. Can you ask someone to check her up immediately? I'm worried about her and my baby."

"B-Baby? ... Oh my God, you're driving me crazy, Kaneki. I will tell Kimi to check her up now."

A few minutes later, a female doctor approaches her and she commands her colleagues to bring a stretcher immediately. In the middle of crowd, she notices a ghoul with hazelnut haired then she runs into him.

"Nishiki, I miss you so much!!"

"Kimi, I miss you too..."

"Ahem, you both know each others?", asks Marude.

"He/she is my boyfriend/girlfriend.", say them at the same time.

Marude rubs his head to reduce his headache and right after the stretcher arrived, Kimi immediately part away with her boyfriend and go to the operation room. As she was gone into it, Kaneki hold the ring which given by her and praying for her safety.

While Touka is being operated, two person approach Kaneki and he looks up; they are Mutsuki Tooru and Aura Shinsanpei.

"Sensei, finally you've returned. I'm worried that bitch tricked you any further."

"...Mutsuki, I'm not in a good mood. Also, *glare* who are you referring 'bitch' to? She is not bitch; she is my wife."

"But she tricked you so you betrayed and leave us!! She is at fault here!", yelled Mutsuki as he shows his temper.

"Mutsuki, I am the one who followed her. Look, I won't stay silence if you mock her again."

"But-!"

Kaneki punches the bench and makes Mutsuki quiet. For a moment, they won't say any single words.

"Mutsuki, I appreciate that you care about me. But I don't like your attitude now."

"T-That's...she took the person who supposed to be my family. She took my family. I...what's my fault?! I hate myself, in the end everyone will leave me alone again."

Kaneki silences then he sees another four members of quinckes group.

"Mu-chan, it's not your fault. It's true, being alone is painful. But I, Uri, and the others really love you. We don't want to lose you. Please, Mu-chan. It's enough.", said Saiko.

Mutsuki crying in Saiko's arm meanwhile Shinsanpei stares at Kaneki coldly.

"In my case, that woman hurt someone who precious for me. She took my aunt's leg!"

"Shinsanpei, enough. All of us get hurt, your aunt, her, and everyone too."

"You don't understand about me! She-!", right before Shinsanpei finishes his sentence, Hsiao punches him really hard.

"I said enough! You keep yapping useless thing like this for days. Look, if you care about your aunt so much, then help and protect her! She will join the fight too despite of her condition like that."

Shinsanpei wipes the blood on his mouth then he shuts his mouth. Looking at his former students, Kaneki apologizes for being rude and hugs them as he waits for his wife's operation.

-Operation Room-
During the operation, Kimi found something irregular on Touka's body.

"...This is..."

_____________________________________