Chapter 2: Kids' Lab

Hanji's POV

I was just setting things up for today's project with the kids when my superior came up to me. He smiled softly, bringing me doughnuts. He always knew I had a sweet tooth- especially with creamy coffee. 

He hands me the doughnut with chocolate frosting and rainbow sprinkles. "Here ya go- a nice, good doughnut for breakfast."

"Awe... thank you, Erwin." I say, taking it from him and taking a bite. "Good as always."

Erwin laughed, looking down at my little section. "So... teaching kids? About what this time?" He continued to look at everything- touching some small sections with mini experiments for the children.

"Basic experiments- harmless to children. That's all- please don't touch them, Erwin."

He nods, sighing. "May I watch you teach the children? I think it's adorable seeing you interact with children. Almost like you're interested in children- are you?"

I chuckled, fixing the things that Erwin messed up. "I mean, in a way. Children are cute and adorable little things. I wouldn't mind having kids with someone special..." I say, gazing down to my stomach. "Kids..." I then shook my head, "Nevermind that."

The chattering of the people slowly began to rise as they were now open for business. Erwin then took a seat down and I watched small children rushing here and laughing. I kept my eye out for that little boy who was excited to see me today.

And then, they did show up. That man, Levi, was gripping tightly onto his son as his son pointed at everything in awe. I chuckled, waving to the little boy. He waved back with a huge smile on his face. My eyes then went up to the father, who was looking away- distant almost. I then walked over to them, smiling brightly.

"Hi hi, Ms. Zoe!" Eren shouted, breaking free from his father's grip and running towards me to give me a hug.

"E-Eren!" His father shouts, running after him.

"Ms. Zoe! Ms. Zoe!" He shouts, giggling and holding tightly onto me.

I smiled, patting him on his back. "Nice to see you here, Eren." Then, I gazed back up to Levi. "And you too. Um, today, the kids are just gonna be testing and being like... erm, scientists."

Levi gazes over the area, scowling a bit. "Seems... messy..." But then, the scowl went away as Eren already ran off to one of the lab experiments. "At least he's gonna have fun here. Thank you... erm... Ms. Zoe."

I chuckled softly, "I guess we were never properly introduced. I'm Hanji Zoe. I know you're Levi Ackerman, correct?"

He nods, shaking my hand. "Nice to meet you again, Hanji." His eyes drifted towards Eren and sighed. "He's gonna be safe, right?"

"Of course. I would never have kids perform unsafe experiments- I wouldn't forgive myself if they got hurt. I ensured that these experiments are safe. I promise, they're safe. Why? Do you not trust these things or... what?"

Levi sighed, shuffling his feet as he continued to watch his son. "Nothing, nothing. After... after his mother died, I'm kinda protective over him. That's how I am." He then walked over to Eren's side, and I continued to walk around, making sure the kids were having fun and doing the experiment correctly.

Afterwards, Erwin came up to me with a smoothie and a sandwich. "Take a break, Hanji. You're working too hard for these kids, you know."

I take the smoothie, drinking it. "So? The kids are having fun at least."

Unexpectedly, Erwin stood up and walked close towards me. "Hanji... come on..." Playfully, I pushed him away and laughed. "Hanji..."

"No... stop it..." I giggled, stepping away from him. "Erwin, we're in public- no flirting with me- especially not now. Once this day is over, then... sure, you can go and flirt with me. Got it? Okay? Not here. Too many kids."

"But these kids are just kids- ah!" Erwin jumped and fell to the ground. "W-What the hell?"

When I looked down, it seemed that Eren kicked him from behind Erwin's knees. A pouting face was on his face when Eren growled down. "Don't you dare take Ms. Zoe away from Daddy!" He then raised a fist and I had to pick the boy up to prevent a fight.

"Eren!" I turned to see his father rushing up and I gave Eren back to him. "I am so sorry, Hanji... erm, sir. He wandered off again... I'm sorry."

"D-Daddy! Don't say sorry!" Eren shouts, pointing a finger towards Erwin. "He was taking Ms. Zoe away from you!"

Levi's face seemed to light up red. "Eren!" He then turns up to me, not looking at me in the eyes. "Once more, I'm sorry, Hanji. C-Can I please make this up to you?"

I waved it off, chuckling. "It's fine, Levi. No worries." He then nods and takes the squealing Eren out of the lab area. "Jeez... talk about a persistent kid..."

Erwin slowly got back to his feet, chuckling a bit. "So... you know that kid's father?"

"Ah... in a way. Eren, the kid, got lost and I did the right thing by holding onto him until the father came back. Eren's been growing on me... so I let them come back- even if they're not here to play with the experiments. Trust me, I have no idea about what he was saying... about you taking me away from his dad."

He laughs. "Must be a joke then."

"Hah... maybe..." My eyes drifted back towards where Levi and Eren went. I wondered what Eren meant by saying that...

*   *   *

Levi's POV

"Eren, that was an embarrassment. You don't go up to someone and kick them! Okay? And... and... and what was that about Ms. Zoe? Huh?" I held onto Eren's arm tightly as we pushed through the crowded area and out the museum's entrance. "Do not do it again!"

"B-But Daddy..."

"What?"

When I turned towards him, he hung his head in shame. I sighed, knowing what he was gonna say to me... and honestly, I felt him. But I made a vow... a vow to not fall in love again. On the other hand, Eren gets another mother to love properly. "I... I wanted her to be Mommy..."

"Eren... it doesn't work like that..."

"W-When can you find a new Mommy? Because... I want Ms. Zoe as my new Mommy. Can you please get her to be a Mommy? Please? Please?"

I sighed, "Maybe, Eren... okay? We can come back tomorrow and talk to her, okay?"

Eren nods his head, continuing to hang it in shame. "Okay..."

{LeviHan} Searchingजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें