SELECT TRANSACTION: Preface

"Money is not the most important thing in the world

"Money is not the most important thing in the world. Love is. Fortunately, I love money."

Do you have a problem? Yes, you, over there!

Is it something major like a financial crisis? Or something minor as having trouble with tests? Maybe it's something personal as having an odiferous nether? Perhaps it's a boy who broke your heart, and in turn, you just want to kill him? The solution?

Hire yourself an Agnes! She solves everything! Just call 1800-A-G-N-E-S!

That's right, just call 1800-A-G-N-E-S and we'll even discount you by 2%!

That's right, a whole 2%!

Call Agnes Bernhardt!

Call now! Call Today!

~

Everything worth doing has a price.

Constantly cutting corners and finding loopholes, Agnes Bernhardt is the notorious loan shark and mercenary of Rosenberg University. It is Agnes who calculates the costs. The price of completing an assignment due yesterday? Depending on the percentage of grade, starting from one hundred dollars. Marking the attendance sheet for class? Five dollars. Need cash, no questions asked? Only a fifteen per cent interest rate.

When broken-hearted Jade proposes Agnes five hundred dollars to chastise her cheating ex—it's an offer Agnes can't refuse. The task is simple: locate cheating ex, chastise him, and finish off with a gentle slap. It's a simple request at an expensive price.

But when the request goes wrong—terribly, horribly wrong, Agnes has no choice, but to rectify the losses. But there's a problem. There's no negotiable price when you accuse the wrong person of infidelity whilst destroying their cherished wheelchair accessible van. Agnes knows compensation doesn't come cheap. And now Agnes has no choice but to do the one thing she avoids the most—giving money away freely. Problem is, for once she doesn't have the funds. 

Everything has a price—but what's the price of selling your soul?

For Agnes, it's five thousand dollars.

And that's with a student discount.

Thank you for picking up this book and I hope you enjoy it

Comments, votes, criticism, and sacrificial lambs are greatly appreciated and always welcomed! 

...Don't worry, I'm kidding about the lambs. I accept firstborns, too! 

© All rights reserved.