Chapter 10

Isabella's POV

I lean against Santana's locker as she's putting her books away. She's talking on the phone with Brittany even though her locker is right across from hers. We start walking down the hall, "It sounds awful.
Is anybody going?"

"Let me find out" brittany adds someone to their call. "Did you hear?" I zone out until I feel Santana bump me "what?" I ask as I look at her "Mercedes wants to know if you're going" I shrug "probably not" she looks at me pouting "you know that doesn't work on me, Tana" she looks at Britt, getting her to do it instead "No, don't do that. Tana, that's low" she smirks "fine, tell her I'll go, but I'm not drinking" she sighs "Is, you can drink if you want to" I look at her pointedly "I'm not drinking. I'll drive" she nods

*skip to the party*

I head over to sit beside Brittany since San is making out with Sam. I still think it's weird that they're dating. As soon as Puck breaks into the liquor cabinet, all hell breaks loose. I go over and stand next to Finn. People are dancing, taking shots off each other, Brittany's stripping. It's crazy. "You not drinking either?" I ask Finn as we watch everyone "no I'm driving, you?" I nod "same, wanted to make sure Santana and Brittany got home safe" he nods as Rachel comes over and hangs onto Finn "I'm gonna go" I say to him walking away and to sit on the couch. I hear Rachel say something about spin the bottle and stay where I am, not wanting to play. Santana comes over and stands beside me, "you aren't playing?" She asks me. I shake my head "not really wanting my first kiss to be someone drunk during spin the bottle" she smiles "I forget you still haven't had it" I look down embarrassed "yeah"

"You're really not gonna be happy in the morning" she groans "I don't want to think about it, I'm going to enjoy feeling good for the rest of the night" I shake my head laughing. "Isabella, you're playing!" I hear Tina say as she comes and gets me. I look at Santana with wide eyes. 'It's okay' she mouths to me. I nod and sit down beside Tina. "I really don't think I should-" I get cut off by Tina spinning it for me. My eyes go wide as it lands on Brittany. I look up and see her smiling at me. I look back at Santana with wide eyes. She nods as everyone cheers. I feel Britt turn my head to her as she looks at me "it's fine, Is. it's just a kiss" I close my eyes and nod. She take my face in her hands and kisses me as I place one hand on her waist. I kiss back hesitantly as she strokes my face. We slowly pull back and she sits back in her spot. I slowly get up "I'm gonna go back over there" I say hurriedly walking back to my sister. She smiles at me when I walk up "Well? How was it" I nod blushing "awww, you're blushing" she pokes my cheek "stop, San. It's weird having to have my first kiss in front of all my friends and my sister" I whine. Rachel and Blaine get up and sing a duet, looking really into it. Afterwards, I drive Britt and San back home and get them into bed, setting aspirin and water on the nightstand. I kiss both of their foreheads and start to walk out. Brittany grabs my hand and pulls me in the middle of them, both of them cuddling into me. I play with Santana's hair as they both fall asleep.

The next morning, I get up earlier than usual to cook breakfast. As I'm making hash browns I hear someone come down the stair. Santana come beside me, kissing my temple and sitting on the counter. "You're the best" she says as she grabs a pancake, groaning. I laugh gently "did you take the aspirin I set out" she nods drinking water "yes, thank you again" I nod and set out all the breakfast. "Is Britt up?" She nods eating a hash brown. "She was putting on clothes, she should be down in a minute" I wash my hands "I'm gonna go get dressed, I'll drive us to school since your head probably hurts" she smiles "bless your kind soul" I laugh as I head up the stairs. I bump into Brittany on the way and catch her by the waist before she could fall "I-I'm sorry" I say looking into her eyes "it's fine, Is" she laughs gently at me "thank you, by the way, for setting out aspirin. My head is killing me" I nod at her as she follows me into my room. She sits on my bed as I start to get dressed for school "if I remember correctly, I'm pretty sure we kissed last night" I freeze, starting to blush. I continue putting on my shirt, not saying anything. She laughs "I just want to make sure it was okay, bub. I know it was your first kiss, and I didn't want to ruin it" I smile turning to look at her "it was great, Britt. I mean I kinda wish it wouldn't have been in front of everyone and that you weren't drunk, but I trust you and you're my best friend, so I'm glad it was with you" she smiles at me walking towards me slowly. "So a little birdie told me you used to have a crush on me" she smirks. I start to blush hard. "Awww, babe. It's cute. I used to have one on you, too. You're hot, who wouldn't." I smile at her, kissing her cheek. She jumps on my back "alright, let's get some breakfast in you and then I'll drive us to school" we go down the stairs and into the kitchen "there you guys are!" Santana says sitting at the table. I glare at her "what?" I set Brittany down and hand her a plate "you told her about my crush?!" She smiles sheepishly "I'm sorry, okay! I thought it was cute! Plus, she had a crush on you too!" I shake my head at her "I can't believe you guys" I grab a bottle of water "don't be mad at us, please" I huff "it's humiliating, Santana, I'm gonna die alone" I hear them laugh. "You won't, I promise" Brittany says "alright, enough laughing at me, let's get to school"

We meet up with Artie, Mercedes, Sam, Quinn, Puck, Tina, and Mike as we start performing 'Blaine It On The Alcohol' when we get done Mr. Schue claps, "Well done, you guys. I mean, you always bring it with the singing and the dancing. But what I was really impressed with today was your acting. I truly thought that some of you guys were drunk." I stifle a laugh as Finn and I look at each other. Artie nods, "We take our craft serious" Mr. Schue turns serious "Problem is, That-That song is great but it- it kind of glorifies drinking, don't you think? I mean, we're supposed to sing about the dangers of alcohol for this assembly." Mercedes looks at him "Well, good luck finding a song that does that" Rachel steps forward, hanging onto Mike, "Mr. Schue? First of all, that vest is very cute. You are all kinds of awesome." He smiles at her confused, "But second, maybe there's really no songs about the dangers of drinking because there's really none, as long as you have a proper designated driver." Finn and I look towards one another and high five.

"Have I ever told you how great you are?" Rachel looks towards Mike as Tina comes and gets him away from her. I blank out and then tune back in to hear the last part of him saying "Look, tomorrow, come with your thinking caps on because we're gonna spend the entire day brainstorming ideas for songs to sing at this assembly." We all nod, heading out of the auditorium.

The next day we all stand behind the curtain ready to perform when Brittany stands behind me, "You guys, I'm really nervous. Ke$ha's been a cultural icon for weeks, and I really want to do her music justice" I reassure her as the rest of them talk about not having enough practice. "Just look at me if you're nervous, okay. I got your back" she nods kissing my cheek and smiles. I blush and get in my place as we're announced. We sounded great and were hitting our dance moves perfectly. Britt looks at me, "I don't feel good" I nod and try singing with her. She vomits all over Rachel, which then makes Santana vomit. I take both of them to get cleaned up and then we head to the principals office. "I think you'll definitely get suspended. You'll probably all get suspended" Mr. Schue says looking at all of us. My sister snarls, "Oh, you're one to talk. How about you crack a Four Loko, Count Boozy von Drunk-a-ton?" I elbow her in the ribs as Principal Figgins walks in, "William, Glee Club. I have one word for you. Congratulations. Those special effects at the assembly really paid off! I had no idea what brilliant musical comedy performers you all have become. The kids at this school are scared straight. Today is the first day in a month without a single act of public drunkenness at McKinley High! And as a thank you here are coupons for half-off frozen yogurt. Yum." We all look at each other shocked and thank him, heading into the choir room. "All right guys. While I'm happy things worked out with the assembly I never want to see you guys pull anything like that again. Drinking while performing is unprofessional. Drinking while at school is just stupid and, most importantly any of you guys drinking at all is illegal." He says looking at everyone. "There's a fair amount of the pot calling the kettle black right now." Quinn says to Mr. Schue "That is so racist." Brittany says to Mercedes making me giggle quietly. "I couldn't agree more, which is why I'm gonna stop drinking.Not even a beer at the end of the night to take the edge off." Mr Schue says which makes Santana look at him confused "But if you don't drink, what will you have to live for?" I shake my head "I have plenty in my life without beer." Mr. Schue says, nodding. "Like what exactly" Mercedes asks, not believing him. He shakes his head "The point is I'm gonna stop. And I hope you guys do too."
"Isn't that kind of unrealistic?" Tina asks laughing "Yeah. Honestly, I think it is." He bods "Which is why I'm only gonna ask you to do it until after nationals. Consider yourselves like prize fighters getting ready for a big heavyweight bout." He passes out papers "Now, these are pledge forms, and I want you guys to sign them."

"And what if we fall off the wagon again?" Puck asks. "Look in the top corner of your form. That's my cell phone number. Part of your pledge is that if you do slip up no matter where you are or what time of the night it is I want you to call me to drive you home. We got lucky this time that the only consequences of your drinking was some ill-timed vomiting. None of us wants to see any of you guys get hurt." Santana smiles nodding "Cool beans, Mr.Schue. I'll sign this." Rachel nods, "Me too. Alcohol has done nothing for my songwriting." Finn starts to smile, "What about after we win nationals?" Mr. Schue smiles, "I'm buying the sparkling cider." We all cheer, signing the forms.