Chapter 9

Isabella's POV

As I walk down the hallway of school, head in my notebook, scribbling down lyrics that I've been working on for the last few days, I look up and see couples everywhere. I huff and take out chocolate I bought just for this moment. I stuff a piece in my mouth as I walk into the choir room and sit by my sister. "What's with you?" She asks as I hand her the box for her to get a piece of chocolate "it's Valentine's Day and I'm lonely and single. Again. I'm going to die alone" she laughs and hands me back the box "you won't die alone. I don't have a valentine either" I look at her and glare "yeah, but you could get one if you want" she nods "true" she smirks. I sigh and stuff more chocolate in my mouth. "Valentine's Day is comin' up, so for this week's lesson I want you guys to pick a partner because you're gonna sing to them what you think is the world's greatest love song." Mr. Schue says as he walks through the door. I tilt my head back sighing. "Find a song that communicates all the things that love means to you. Now, partner up" he claps his hands as everyone keeps talking.

Santana looks at me "you're stuck with me, bub" I nod and raise my hand "Mr. Schue?" He looks at me "yes, Isabella" I turn towards him "I have a song that I've been writing and I was wondering if I'd be able to perform it for Santana for the lesson at some point this week" he looks surprised, as does everyone else "oh uh, yes! That would be fine, do you want me to look at it before hand?" I nod and walk to him handing him my book "would now be okay? I know everyone else was going to partner up so" he nods reading what I have so far. He smiles up at me "this is amazing, very endearing" I smile at him getting my book back and sitting down next to San, smiling. "Do I get to read it before hand?" I shake my head no laughing at her. "I hope you like it though, I've been working on it for a few days now. Trying to make it perfect" she smiles at me, hugging me.

"Mr. Schue? Can I say something? I just wanted to point out that, for the first time an entire week has gone by without any one of us getting Slusheed." We all look at Finn nodding "I think the fact that I led the football team to a conference championship might have something to do with it." I look at Puck confused as Brittany speaks up "actually, Isabella made the winning touchdown" I look at Britt, smiling "thanks Britt" she winks at me "Fact is that I'm the closest thing that this Glee Club has to a celebrity right now and, just like a famous athlete, I wanna give to a charity. You guys." We all look at each other, rolling our eyes. "So I'm setting up a kissing booth for a dollar a smooch and donating the proceeds to Glee Club to help us" he finishes. "Don't even act like you're trying to help this glee club out. You just wanna kiss a bunch of girls" Mercedes says, I nod agreeing with her. "I've kissed Finn, and can I just say, not worth a buck. I would, however, pay $100 to jiggle one of his man boobs." I look at San grossed out. "Do you ever get tired of tearing other people down?" I'm about to say something before my sister cuts me off "no, not really" she says smirking "Cause you always just seem to be meddling in everybody else's business." He says with a frown "Oh, please." Santana says rolling her eyes. "You guys love me. I keep it real, and I'm hilarious." She smiles. "Actually, you're just a bitch." Lauren says from the back row. I go to get up but Brittany holds me down. "Okay. I'm sorry. You've just got eyes for my man." She says turning to Lauren. "Okay, first of all, I'm not your man." Puck looks between the two. I decide to hold my tongue unless it gets bad as Brittany holds my hand. "And Finn is right. All you ever do is insult us. Three weeks ago, you said you were disappointed that I didn't have a lizard baby." Quinn says from beside Sam "Five minutes ago, you said Mr. Schue belonged in a twelve-step program." Tina says as Mr. Schue looks at my sister in disbelief "Wait, what?" Santana shrugs "You're addicted to vests." Rachel sits on the edge of her seat "The truth is, Santana, you can dish it out, but you can't take it. Okay, maybe you're right. Maybe I am destined to play the title role in the Broadway musical version of Willow but the only job you're gonna have is working on a pole."