Douze

Taeyong and the others were currently eyeballing me like crazy. They weren't saying anything, just watching silently.

Taeyong was the first to say something.

"What are you smiling about so much Jaemin???"

"Nothing hyung~"

"But it's creeping everybody out. You don't usually smile this much"

"I'm fine~. Just happy~"

"Ok? By the way, come by the lab after you finish your breakfast. I want to change your heart and reactor. The rest of you are welcome to come watch if you want"

"Let's go now~. I'm done anyway~"

I got up and cheerfully paced to the lab.

I didn't hear footsteps behind me, so I looked back only to see everyone still sitting down, staring at me with confused looks.

"What are you all waiting for~? Let's go~"

"Ok...?"

They all got up and began following me.

-

"So first I'll replace the heart, then the reactor"

"Ok~"

I was strapped down by my arms and legs on a table inside the lab.

Everyone was surrounding the table and watching while Taeyong was replacing the heart.

I think that they were admiring my open chest cavity more than the actual procedure though.

He carefully unsnapped it out of place and disposed of it. He then carefully took the new heart, and snapped it into place.

Next, he carefully opened a compartment within my chest cavity, revealing a glowing blue sphere similar to the blue core in Astro Boy.

"That's the reactor??"

Mark asked, admiring it.

"Indeed it is"

Taeyong replied, carefully taking it out and replacing it with another one.

"It looks like the blue core from Astro Boy"

I guess Mark and I think alike.

"Actually, I designed these reactors similar to those blue cores. But unlike in Astro Boy, I have more than one"

"You're so cool hyung~"

I smiled at him, and he uncomfortably smiled back.

He closed up everything and made sure that nothing was out of order or damaged, then proceeded to close up my chest.

"What do you want to do now Jaemin?"

Jeno asked.

"How about the seven of us hang out~?"

"Ok~. Let's go play Overwatch"

Donghyuck offered, but I shook my head.

"Outside of the house~"

"But hyung, the last time we went outside, we got ambushed"

Chenle reminded me, as if I needed to be reminded.

"So what~? I'm not gonna let the government control me~. I'll go outside whenever I want to~"

They all looked really surprised now.

"And besides, if something goes wrong, I have Lucas~"

"<Indeed Master Jaemin>"

Everyone thought about, and they finally complied.