"You there, boy! The lady that occupies this bungalow, what is her name?".

The cabana boy started, whirling around to face the speaker who's tone was so peremptory he felt he daren't refuse his somewhat unreasonable demand. "I...I'm sorry sir, I don't know."

"Then you are obliged to assist me by finding out." Loki barked impatiently. "You are in service here are you not?"

The young man blinked, his eyes downcast due to his inability to comply. "We're not allowed to disclose that sort of information, sir. It would go against hotel regulations. The privacy of our guests--"

He fell silent as Loki drew menacingly towards him, domineering him with his height. Dressed from head-to toe in sobering black, Loki cut an imposing figure, and he was well aware of the way in which the youngster shrank back from him, visibly intimidated.

"Your wage here is no doubt a meagre pittance." Loki ventured, tilting his head in an enquiring way. In his experience, very few Asgardians were immune to bribery and humans were no different. With a subtle flick of the wrist, he conjured a wad of Midgardian banknotes -- American dollars of course, as so far that had been the only currency he had handled -- and he forcibly pressed them into the cabana boys' clammy hand.

"Sir! I cannot break company rules....this is unethical. I could...I could lose my job." He protested half-heartedly, though he wasn't able to resist looking down at the cash longingly.

"Defy me and you risk losing much more than that." Loki warned, his eyes flashing dangerously. "Forget the name. Well hers at any rate. Tell me this, have you seen her in the company of an older man? Overweight, balding. Ruddy countenance. An oaf by his carriage."

The cabana boy looked taken-aback by Loki's unflattering description of the guest he'd just described, but the spark of recognition was evident on his bewildered face. "Y-yes I've seen the gentleman."

"Who is he? Did they arrive together?"

"No, the lady arrived just yesterday. They dined together in the hotel restaurant last night. He's been here for some time, on business I think. But I'm afraid I don't know who he is."

"Find out and I will make it worth your while." Loki said persuasively, with a hint of danger in his voice. There was an art to being covertly threatening, and Loki had mastered it. Indeed it was a natural talent he possessed.

Reluctantly, the young man pocketed the money and nodded grimly. "I'll see what I can do for you, sir. What room can I find you in?"

"That isn't necessary, boy. Rest assured, I will find you." He replied ominously.

He then gave a dismissive gesture with his elegant hand, waving the boy away.

Recognising that he was being 'dismissed' he left, confused, darting apprehensive looks back at Loki over his shoulder as he stumbled off down the pathway.

Now alone again and filled with renewed determination, Loki cloaked himself once more and made his way over to the bungalow door. He focused all his energy and concentrated hard on the lock, using his power to manipulate the locking device.
A flicker of green light emanated from his invisible hand, and the mechanism gave a satisfying click. Grasping the handle carefully, he listened for a moment, then cautiously opened the door.