Crushed Jars

Chase Young sat in the big chair as he waited for the Xiolin monks to make up their mind about what to do with them. A dark eyebrow raised up when he saw the three males and the dragon approach him. "You are missing one."

"Yes, well..." A frown spread over Omi's face as he clutched his hands together.

"If you care at all for Kimiko then be glad that she chose not to come." Rai's words caused Clay to raise an eyebrow.

"I don't know what you're talking about." The young man leaned on his arm while staring at the group.

"For some reason I think you actually know more then I do and you know full well that she has feelings for you." The dark haired boy folded his arms. "And what we have planned for you isn't something you're going to like, but you're going to do it."

"I really haven't an idea what you're talking about in reference to your friend." The young man narrowed his eyes. "You actually think though you can torture me or something?"

"Well, what we have planned will be torture and you may even end up dying." Rai looked Chase right in the eye. "But if it goes the way we want to, it will be worth it to you in the long run."

"And what are you going to do? Have me..." Chase pulled back as realization hit him. "Are you crazy? Everyone knows that will be certain death."

"No... they don't." The young man continued to look him in the eye. "You're going to destroy your own supply and then you are going to come back with us to the monastery so we can make sure nothing bad happens."

"I've told you that my real form is the reptilian form and if I don't drink the soup I'll revert to that form." The young man glared at Rai.

"You've told us that, but we've also never seen it. Exactly how long have you ever gone without the soup Chase?"

"I'm not going to answer that question." Chase stood up. "I'll let you learn from your own mistake why this is a bad idea and then it will be to late."

Omi frowned at the former Xiolin warrior before turning to Raimundo. "So... does he even know how long he's gone without the soup?"

Clay frowned before looking at Rai. "I'm not sure if this is a good idea anymore. What if he goes nuts and goes on a rampage?"

"He'll be at the monastery and we can keep an eye on him." The Dragon of the Wind folded his arms across his chest. "Of course, if I just let him have his freedom he can't have Kimiko, can he?"

"You..." The large monk snapped his mouth shut without saying anything else. The three followed Chase up to the place he kept the soup, only to hear a smashing sound. They turned the corner into the room and found the floor covered in the green soup.

Chase glanced up before folding his arms across his chest. "Happy now?"

"Let's get back then." Rai hiked his thumb at the door. "We're late for breakfast and I am sure that you're hungry as well."

"If you think you can goad me with such words you are wrong."

Clay let out a deep sigh before his stomach grumbled. "No. Rai's serious. We forgot about breakfast."

Dojo suddenly waved his hands. "I am not carrying someone who would want me for breakfast. So back off."

"I can think of many ways to torture you." Rai piped up.

"By the way, what about my warriors?"

"Release them. Give them their freedom."

A grumbling came from the young man before he snapped his fingers. "I don't like you."

"I don't care really."

M

Kimiko was sitting at the tables with Master Fung. The man took a drink of his tea. "I understand that you're confused about your feelings about this."

"What does occur to someone who has drunk the soup?" The female's face twisted up with frustration.

"We honestly don't know." Master Fung set his cup down. "Chase has said that he would be stuck in the reptilian form for ever. However, there has to be something more to this as drinking the soup day after day must be tedious and time consuming."

"Perhap when he turned to the dark side he became vain." Kimiko let out a deep sigh. "But that in itself would be a relief because it would mean that the guy I came to like personality wise doesn't exist anymore."

"And yet he saved you." Kimiko swallowed just in time to hear shouting from the court yard. Master Fung nodded his head at her. "I shall see to it that our guest is taken care of." The man stood up and headed to the court yard and waved at Chase to follow him. He could see the look of utter disgust on the young man's face. They headed towards the indoor training area and sat down. "You do realize I have a few questions to ask of you."

"Am I required to answer?"

"Things will go easier for all of us if we know what will happen to you if you go off the soup. My first question is how long have you gone off it before."

"I've gone off it the most for two to three days, but that was years ago." Chase continued to frown at the man. "As for your next question, I honestly don't know what the result of going off the soup will be."

"What has occurred that has caused you to go back on the soup?"

"I find myself unable to control my transformations, which is why I assume that I will be stuck in the other form until I drink the soup again. It may even be permanent if it goes for to long." The man then narrowed his eyes. "Are you sure you shouldn't have spoken with the Dragon of the Wind before he made this decision? There is a chance I'll go on a rampage."

"I wonder if that is your real reason for not going off the Soup." Monk Fung watched as Chase's Adam's apple bobbed down. "As I thought, the real reason you don't go off is because you don't know if you'll be in control after the whole thing is said and done. You also don't want to lose yourself. And yet being stuck having to take that soup day after day and year after year. Is that how you wish to live?"

Chase swallowed again before letting out a deep breath. "Are you willing to actually put your lives in danger to find out that there is something of me left in there? I'm not worth it."

"And yet you are Chase Young. The younger monks particularly think you're worth it."

"One of them didn't come. The other two are following orders and I don't trust the sanity of their leader."

"Kimiko didn't come because she knows that while you may be free of the hold that the soup has on you we may also lose you. All four of the monks came to know you well in the alternate time line and are fond of you and they look up to you."

"As you wish. As I told the Wind Dragon, the repercussions fall on your heads, not mine." Chase narrowed his eyes. "That said, if you are willing to go through with this I have two requests."

"And what would those be?"

"When I start coming off the soup I want to be chained up in a manor that I hoepfully can't cause others harm. I also want her as far away from me."

"I have no control over Kimiko's actions. You may want to tell her that you don't want her near as you don't wish to hurt her."

"You assume I have feelings for her."

"Perhaps not. I'll see what we can do and how things turn out."