2

He woke up from the sense of emptiness, the sheets were cold. The warmth of his partner was long gone. He stared at the white bedsheets blankly, as if he was still collecting himself from what had happened the day before.

His lover, and his lead singer too, just moved out of their apartment a day ago.

He sighed, looking through the window, it was raining outside, just like his mood was a total mess.

He searched for the traces his lover had ever left, half of the wardrobe was emptied, one of the couple mugs that they bought together was gone, even the food in the fridge was emptied half, leaving the ones that he never liked behind.

Toru shrugged as he took out his phone, scrolling through the contacts, the one of his lover topped, but he hesitated to press his finger against it.

Instead, a familiar name popped out on his phone, as one of his bandmates eagerly called him.

"Toru!!!!! What has happened between you and Mori-chan?" the bassist screamed from the other side of the phone, seemingly more concerned than the man himself.

His childhood friend seemed to notice the odds of the silence, carried on the conversation, "He said he was leaving the band!"

"WHAT?!" Toru jumped from his bed, "No, wait, he met you or what?"

"Ummm..." the bassist was confused, the dearest lead singer himself found him and Tomoya just then, asking them to keep a secret for him as he secretly moved out of Toru's apartment.

"Where is he now?" Toru urged eagerly, grabbing the keys as he put on his coat, ready to search for his little lead singer any moment.

"He's...catching a flight to LA," the drummer's voice popped out at the other end of the line. It seemed like he was the only one who knew nothing of the situation and it was about his lover, he should be the closest among them all, right?

"I'm going now, bye," He cut off the line, as he rushed downstairs, caught a taxi to the airport right away.

-

"Takahiro Moriuchi, please reach the department gate as soon as possible. The flight will be taking off soon," the robotic voice on the speaker echoed throughout the terminal. "Dammit can't they just keep it shut? I was just lining up here, waiting to get into the gate!!" Taka thought to himself, as he anxiously bit his finger. "I'd really love to go back to LA for a little pleasure before coming back to Tokyo for all these tiring work. Is this even hard for me to do that?"

He looked down on his watch. It's been 15 minutes and the line never moved. He wondered as if the security were doing their jobs or not. The queue was long, he could hardly see the end of it. "Shit, I might not be getting on the flight!" He shouted, "excused me, can you guys let me go first, I am getting late for my flight!" he politely scooted through the line as people shifted sympathetically.

"Thanks," he said to those who had kindly shifted away as he got nearer and nearer the gate. When he almost passed the safety check counter, he was pulled away from the entrance, with someone who was definitely having much more strength than his little petite self.

He was completely astounded. "Am I being kidnapped?" He said to himself. It's not like One Ok Rock being that sort of band that's worth for kidnapping, right?

Instead, whoever pulled him away from the long queue and the flight wasn't dragging him along abruptly like every kidnapper did, but pulled him into his arms that he finally opened his eyes to see his guitarist standing in front of him, and holding him gently.

"Why'd you leave without telling me?" The guitarist questioned his lead singer, after they got back his luggage and sat outside the Starbucks of the airport.

"I don't know..."the lead singer took a sip of his coffee, shrugged as if he himself didn't have a clue to the reason why he's going to LA.

"Did Tomoya tell you?"he asked, trying to change the subject.

"Yeah, but you still haven't answered my question. We could always go to LA together. You should've discussed it with me first,"he implied. It would never be a trouble for the two of them to go wherever they want when it's their break from tour and recording sessions. It seemed pretty unreasonable for him that his lover wanted to escape from him but not breaking up with him.

With courage, the frontman looked into his lover's eyes,"I was just thinking that, maybe we can have some time to ourselves only, you know. I mean like, I'm just feeling so exhausted after all this tour and everything...I just feel like I need somewhere else...but not in our apartment in Japan." He averted his eyes from his lover, as if he was forbidding him.

"Okay," the guitarist stood up from his seat, "Let's go back to the airport and have you got on the flight first. I'll come by the next day or the day after," he smiled to his lover as he carried the huge luggage which his frontman gathered all his part of the apartment and stuffed them all in. Taka looked at him skeptically, "Hey, I mean, I'm late for the flight!"

His lover chuckled, "you can always take the next. Or if you wouldn't mind, we could take the flight tomorrow together."

"I thought you want to stay in Japan and visit your family that you wouldn't want to come with me," the frontman looked at his guitarist innocently. "So we could go together?"

"Of course, it's better if you'd told me in the first place!"his guitarist chuckled at the dumbness and also the cuteness of his lead singer. "So let's stay home for one more day and we'll fly to LA."

The frontman nodded as he kissed his guitarist passionately. Their hands intertwined on the way back to their apartment. On the ride, their eyes locked on each other only and never averted them from each other's again.

"By the way, I thought you're moving out. Why did you pack so many stuffs just going to LA?" Toru looked at his lover unbelievably, the usual calm one was acting extremely uncool especially when his lover had gone mad or did something he couldn't understand.

"I was just...thinking about bringing them to America and see how you'd react if I swept half of the apartment empty," Taka smirked at the guitarist's silliness though it was considerably adorable to him.

"If I weren't there, you wouldn't be able to even lift the luggage up the stairs in your house, right?"

"No, I'm strong enough to do that. Shut up, Toru. I don't need your help."

"Then I'll just take a parachute and jump of the plane if you said so."

"Noooo, I didn't mean it!!"

Toru looked at his lover as his face went red like an apple, he couldn't help himself but leaned in, kissed his lover on his lips on the long flight to LA. He heard the soft, gentle voice of his lover as he mumbled next to him, "I love you forever and ever, Toru-san."

-end of chapter 2-