Chapter 2

All in a day's work. What was that bright purple flash though?
She got up, casually walked over to the balcony and jumped off of it. She fell straight down through the open roof of the chopper waiting to catch her, with a thud.
Carl, can you tell me what your job is here?
"To fly your chopper and ensure your safety, Zeta."
The cushioning on the seat is a part of my 'safety' bud. If I wanted to break my ass, I'd have jumped of the balcony without you. Now, please tell me you've done something right and bought me my cheeseburgers with extra fries.
"Yes I have Zeta. You really need to learn your place. Just because you're the master's favourite, doesn't mean you are the master." He held out to her a paper bag soaked in oil. "Girl, gimme the money. I'm not using up mine on you."
Hell no! I'm not giving you anything. You forgot the mustard and BBQ sauces. Plus, my joints are gonna loosen to the point of falling off with amount of oil in this crap.
Carl sighed. "Honey, do you want the burger or not?"
Fine. Just this once midget.
She grabbed the bag and shoved fifty bucks into his hand. Zeta wolfed down the burger and then proceeded to have her occasional 'mood swing'.
Carl. Zeta sniffled
"Yeah?"
I'm so sorry I yelled at you. I wa-was just so frustrated and I-I didn't know what to do. I wish I was dead. I'm so useless. I can't do anything right. I'll save you your trouble. Let me just jump of the plane real quick.
'Oh god not this now!' Carl thought. 'How the hell am I supposed to take care of this idiot and fly the plane at the same time?' He jabbed a couple of buttons and seatbelts flew out from behind her and firmly held her in place.
Carl please! She screeched.
Let me go! I'm a failure in life. I can't even be thankful for having a good friend like you. Forget about me. Tell the master I was killed! She squirmed continuously, trying to fall out of the chopper.
Carl put on noise-cancelling headphones and listened to romantic music the rest of the way while remembering his boyfriend, while Zeta struggled to kill herself in the backseat.
'We should go out soon you know. It's been a while. Maybe that Asian restaurant down the block. We both love seafood. Unless he has a craving for Mexican. In which case maybe...' his thoughts trailed off.

She gracefully walked down the corridor to the master's office, her feet making zero noise even in studded leather boots.
What? Don't judge me. I can hear your judgmental voice all the way through these pages. Leather boots are very comfortable, and they're sturdy enough for combat. So shut up.
She entered the room and casually spit on the purple carpet.
You called me, master?
"Yes, Zeta. Please, stand up. Did you enjoy the cheeseburgers?" he mocked as her face flushed and it was pretty noticeable on her pale skin.
How did you know?
"I have my sources."
Carl, that son of gun. I'm going to make him pay as soon as I'm out of here. She thought.
"And no, it wasn't Carl. Now, let's address the elephant in the room."
Excuse me? I am not fat!
"I didn't say you were. If I did say something, it would be that you look particularly vol-" He stopped himself there, knowing full well her wrath if she got angry. "Anyway, it's time for your final mission."
Finally! That took forever and a half. After this I can finally binge watch WebFlicks and finish all those series you made me stop halfway through.
"It's a work hazard get used to it."
So when do I start?
"Right now." There was a bang and then a small metal ovoid pierced through her abdomen and embedded itself right next to her spleen.
You are a terrible shot, dude.
She mocked, refusing to lose her pride even as she lay sprawled over the floor, bleeding out. He walked over and shot her once in each shoulder and hit her on the head, knocking her out, after wishing her good luck.