"You don't have to thank me.. I've said it before and I'll continue to say it.. I'm here for anything you need, always. No matter what happens between us, I will always be here for you, Amelia, I promise." He kisses her softly, pulling her into his lap, resting his hands on her waist.

Amelia wraps her arms around his neck, straddling his lap as she kisses him back gently, smiling into the kiss. Alex smiles as he continues kissing her, pulling her closer. Amelia presses her body against his and continues kissing him, tangling her hands in his hair and tugging gently. Alex lets out a low moan, sliding his hands up under the shirt, sliding it up and lifting it over her head. Amelia looks at him, hands still in his hair and bites her lip gently.

Alex smiles at her, then looks over her body, taking in every scar one by one. He traces each one slowly and gently glancing up in her eyes every so often. Amelia closes her eyes with each touch, knowing eventually he's going to ask about every single one. Amelia opens her eyes, resting her hands on his shoulders. Alex rests one hand on her waist, the other on her thigh and looks into her eyes.

"I.. have never.. felt this way before.. Not even with Dylan.. He never.. gave me this feeling.. I.. feel like my heart is going to explode out of my chest at any given moment when you touch me.. I feel like I can finally be myself and not have to worry about making someone mad.. and getting hit because of it.. You.. have truly shown me.. that relationships and friendships aren't like that.. I appreciate it so much.. more than you'll ever know.." Amelia trails her hand down his chest, looking in his eyes. Alex takes her hands in his, lacing their fingers together.

"I.. know you don't like to talk about your past.. and the little you've told me, I appreciate you telling me. You didn't have to trust me, but you did, and I'm so glad you did, baby. I want to show you everything in this world. The way you should be treated, how you should be loved, and.. I want to help you through everything. If that means you yell, hit, and leave me because I've pissed you off, then so be it. If you need a shoulder to cry on, I'm there. But, know this, I will do my best to make you laugh and smile every day, tell you everything's gonna be okay, and just make sure to keep everything bad from your mind. I'll take you out on dates, we'll spend time together just the two of us, but also with Addie, who adores you. And.. If you want, I will help you get Jake.. because you deserve to know what a mothers love really feels like." Alex pauses as he brings a hand to her cheek, caressing it softly. Amelia gives him a small smile, bringing her hand to his on her cheek.

"I.. do want Jake back, eventually. Right now just isn't the best time because there's still a lot to figure out before adding him into the mix. I need to focus on school.. maybe a job.. I don't know.. It's a lot to figure out and process.. I never even got to hold him.. when he was born.. They literally took him from me the moment he was born. Spending time with you and Addie.. I.. feel like I can be a mom.. but the god honest truth? I never wanted kids. Jake saved me, literally. I was ready to end it all the day I found out I was pregnant. The moment those two lines popped up, I knew I had to stay strong and keep going because he didn't do anything wrong. He deserved the chance to live, and hopefully be nothing like his father. I knew I had to give him the chance to break the cycle of abuse." Amelia speaks softly, a single tear rolling down her cheek. Alex wipes it away, and pulls her in for a hug. Amelia lays her head on his shoulder, kissing his neck softly.

Alex moves her so she's laying next to him, on her back. Alex hovers over her, between her legs and kisses her chest softly. Amelia runs a hand through his hair, closing her eyes as he kisses down her chest and to her stomach softly. He stops at her waist and looks up at her. Amelia opens her eyes, looking down at him and gives him a small nod. Alex slowly takes her panties off, kissing her thighs as he does. Amelia closes her eyes again, biting her lip softly.

Alex kisses back up her stomach and chest, kissing her neck softly, pressing his body against hers. Amelia's eyes flutter open, bringing her hands to his neck and kisses him deeply. Alex kisses back, resting a hand on her waist, pressing himself against her more. Amelia trails one hand down to his waist, tugging at his boxers. Alex gets up and slides them off, looking at her. Amelia smiles, biting her lip.
————
Small Smut Scene
Enter at your own risk💜

Alex lays beside her, trailing his fingers across her bare stomach, watching the way she moves at his touch. Amelia flinches slightly, then relaxes, looking at Alex as his hand travels down farther. Amelia's breath hitches as he slowly starts rubbing her clit gently. She moans very quietly, closing her eyes as she looks at the ceiling.

Alex rubs her clit a little faster, still being gentle as he kisses her temple. Amelia moans softly, spreading her legs more as he slowly slips two fingers inside her, moving them in and out slowly. Amelia moans, slightly louder, bringing her hand to her mouth to stay quiet. Alex continues, as he slowly starts sucking on her chest. Amelia moans softly again, biting her hand gently as Alex continues fingering her and sucking on her chest.

Suddenly, there's a soft knock on Alex's bedroom door. Amelia looks at Alex who removes his fingers and hands her the t shirt and her underwear as he puts in his boxers and sweatpants and goes to his door. Amelia slips her underwear and the t-shirt back on, pulling the blanket up as she sits up in bed, leaning against the bed frame.

Alex opens the door, revealing a crying Addie, who's arms are up in the air. Alex picks her up, closes his bedroom door and brings Addie over to the bed. Addie sees Amelia and crawls over to her as soon as Alex sets her on the bed. Amelia pulls Addie into her lap and holds her as Addie sniffles. She looks at Alex and smiles. He gets back into bed, pulling both of them close to him. He kisses Amelia's forehead and the top of Addie's head. Amelia hums softly, stroking Addies hair as she slowly falls back asleep in Amelia's arms.

Alex watches them, playing with Amelia's hair and gives her a small smile, thinking to himself. She's so amazing and she's just perfect. I.. I shouldn't be thinking this, but I think I wanna marry this girl someday. Addie loves her.. I'm slowly falling in love with her.. I can't imagine anyone else in this world who I want to be with besides her. She's just.. she's perfect for me.. I just hope she thinks I'm perfect for her too.. That stupid waitress almost messed this whole thing up..

Amelia continues humming, as her mind starts to wander with all sorts of thoughts. God he's amazing. The way he just lets me be myself.. it's refreshing.. I don't feel embarrassed to be myself around him.. he lets me be who I really am.. He's encouraging me to write again.. I feel comfortable singing around him, hell I could even write a song about him.. God I haven't even thought about writing a song in years.. He brings out the best in me and I.. I don't usually think like this, but maybe someday.. I'll marry this guy.. and be the best wife and step-mom I could be.. Because I adore this little girl in my arms just as much, if not more, as Alex.

Amelia looks at Alex, giving him a sweet smile. He returns the smile and kisses her softly. Amelia kisses back, then lays Addie on the bed between them, just like at the hospital. They both fall asleep shortly, holding hands with their fingers laced together.