"You like him, as in, you want to become his boyfriend." Taehyung thinks for a second, before his eyes widen so much Jimin can't help a fond smile.

"A boy can fall in love with another boy?" Jimin doesn't tease him about his ignorance, knowing that Taehyung is a bit naïve and that he's never really been interested in the topic of relationships.

"Yeah, it can happen. And you don't have to feel ashamed about it, alright? It's completely normal."

Taehyung is frozen on the spot, and Jimin looks at him in worry until he realises his friend is starting to hyperventilate.

"Taehyung? Is everything okay?" He gently grabs the boy's shoulders in an attempt to soothe him, but Taehyung jerks away from his touch.

"I-I can't like a boy- What will other people say? And what if my family says it's not normal? What if Yoongi rejects me?" He asks frantically, shaking his head as he stands up and starts to pace in the room, hands glued to his hair.

"Tae, it's going to be alright..." Jimin tries to reassure him as he gets up at his turn, but Taehyung is very much panicking at this point.

"No, it won't! How do you even want this to work out? Jungkook will laugh at me and he'll tell everyone that I'm gay if I ever ask him out- oh God, the whole school is going to know about it..."

"Tae," Jimin says sternly, making Taehyung immediately stop in his tracks as he gently cups his face, "Stop freaking out. No one knows about your sexual orientation yet, so there's no need to stress over it. You can just tell other people at your own pace, and for now no one else is obliged to know. I'll help you and I'll support you as much as you need, okay? I'll keep it a secret, and I'm sure Jungkook will too if you tell him, he seems like a great guy. And if some people don't like it, well, it's their problem. You have the right to like whoever you want, okay?" Taehyung nods timidly, seeming a bit calmer. "Good... I think we both need some tea, don't you think?" Jimin proposes, as he perfectly knows this usually helps Taehyung relax.

Taehyung leaves not long after and they don't speak about it in the next days, the boy remaining completely speechless about the matter as if he wanted to completely forget about it. Jimin doesn't push him, willing to give him some space until the younger is ready to talk.

This silence lasts two weeks, until Taehyung knocks on Jimin's door one Saturday.

"Uhm, c-can I talk to you?"

"Sure..." Jimin lets him in, and they both go to his bedroom, where Taehyung remains awkwardly standing in front of him. That is, until he chews on his lips, before wrapping his arms around Jimin and hiding his face into his chest. "Hey... You okay?"

"I'm a bit scared..." Jimin sighs in understanding, embracing Taehyung's skinny frame in return. He knows exactly what his friend is talking about.

"To be gay or to ask him out?"

"Both."

"Aw, Tae... It's gonna be alright." Jimin squeezes him tightly, applying a soft peck in his hair. "Hey, by the way, you wanna know a secret? I like boys too." Taehyung leans back in surprise, but he looks a bit relieved to have someone like him to help him learn more about that new world he discovered not so long ago.

"Really? Why didn't you tell me before?"

"I was afraid of your reaction," Jimin chuckles as he scratches his nape, "But when I noticed you liked Jungkook, I told myself I would just wait for the right moment to tell you."

"So, uhm... Since you like boys too, do you know h-how do I do this?"

"Do what?" Jimin frowns, redness blooming on Taehyung's cheeks.

"You know... Asking him out." Taehyung whines, hiding his head into his hands. "He's popular and I'm not so uhh... cool? I mean, maybe he'll laugh at me..." Jimin remains stunned for a second, before a huge smile spread on his face at the idea Taehyung just confirmed him that he decided to assume he likes boys.

"That's a possibility." He doesn't want to lie though, so that Taehyung can be prepared to the worst. "But he can also react very kindly. That's a huge possibility, given what I heard about him. He could even say yes!"

"I've never even talked to him... I don't know how to approach him." Jimin thinks for a minute, elaborating a plan into his mind.

"I know what to do," He starts after a while, so that Taehyung lifts hopeful eyes on him, "He's always hanging out with this guy, Jung Hoseok, who seems really nice. I'm gonna make friends with Hoseok so you can talk to Jungkook! Like that it won't be too noticeable that you want to get closer to him."

"That's a great idea!" Taehyung makes the widest smile Jimin has ever seen on him, the chestnut-haired boy bouncing on his heels as he's visibly excited. "When do we start?"

"Impatient boy..." Jimin laughs, head falling back. "We can start tomorrow."

Taehyung throws both fits in the air, a delighted smile squishing his cheeks up, and Jimin almost wants to coo.

The next day, he's quick to grab Hoseok's attention as he sits next to him at the school cafeteria, starting to talk to him as if they had known each other forever. The other man is surprisingly responsive, replying to Jimin with a big smile on his face.

Taehyung risks a glance to Jungkook, who is sitting next to him and face-to-face with Hoseok, a small gasp leaving his mouth as their eyes meet. He makes a shy smile, and his heart almost flies out of his ribcage when Jungkook replicates with a grin, eyes crinkling at the corners. As his hands are slightly trembling, he hides them between his legs, hoping Jungkook doesn't notice just how nervous he is.

That must really be what Jimin calls a crush.

"I'd like to study psychology in the future," Hoseok answers Jimin's question so that this one nods, visibly very interested by what his new friend is saying.

"Psychology?" Taehyung chirps, the word making a bell ring in his head, "You'd get along with my brother Yoongi."

"Oh, really? You have to introduce him to me one day then. But what about you... Taehyung, right? What do you want to do in the future?" The chestnut-haired boy raises his eyebrows, surprised that Hoseok actually knows his name.

"U-Uh, yes, well, I love books so I think- Maybe being a librarian would suit me?" Jungkook immediately perks up at that, and Hoseok grins as he knows exactly what Jungkook is going to say.

"Oh, you like books? I have this great book by a French author – Maupassant, that's his name – I think you'd really like it! I can lend it to you some time?" Taehyung looks at him with saucer-wide eyes for a second, before nodding and thanking him with the biggest smile on his face.

Maybe getting closer to Jungkook will be easier than expected, after all.

****

Thank you for reading and thank you for the love you're giving to my story ♥ We're at 11k views and I can't believe it! Don't hesitate to have a look at my other fics btw, I poured all my love into them ^^

Also friendly reminded that I have a Twitter account :)! Follow me @ Han_Min_Gi_12 , let's be friends~

Next week I'll publish the second part of the prequel so that you can see Taekook's first date!

See you~