25

That day was the end. He dragged me to a familiar pond filled with lotus. He pushed me under the water. I screamed and begged him to stop as my lungs burned. But he didn't listen. He pulled me up only to push me under again. Never letting me pass out.

As this happens over and over again I gave up struggling and just watched the lotus float above me. I wished to be like them. A flower that grows up in the muddy floor of a pond. But despite this, they still rose from the muddy water breaking through the surf and blooming into a blossom people saw as beautiful. I wished to be like that. But that wouldn't happen. For as young as I was I made up my mind at that moment. Something I been pondering for a while.

Finally, after hours my father released me and stormed off. Souls surrounded me looking worried. Tears ran down my face. This was the only decision I've ever made for myself. And the easiest thing I did.

That night when everyone went to sleep I snuck Into my father and mothers room. I opened the cupboard revealing my father's sword. I unsheathed it looking at my parents. My father woke up and when he saw me he smiled. My mother soon awoke.

"do you plan on killing us?" my father asked.

"Saki dear what are you doing?" my mother asked.

My eyes were dull as my father laughed.

"you think you can kill me?" he asked. 

My hand never shook as I raised the blade. My father stood up. But his stoic face turned to shock as I plunged the blade through the flesh of a chest. But not his. Not my mothers. No it was my own.

I refused to live like this anymore

I refused to live like this anymore. My mother screamed as she ran up to me. My father stood there shocked. I looked up to them as the life drained out of me.

"what's wrong. Aren't you happy? The daughter you hated so much is finally gone, " I said bitterness in my voice. 

"SAKI!" my mother called.

I didn't feel an ounce of guilt as my sibling ran in. No, because it would finally end. I didn't know what would happen. I didn'tknow if I would just be surrounded by nothing which is what I wanted or if I would become a soul like the ones I saw.

Either way, I would be with things that always accepted me. The darkness and emptiness or the souls that stood by me when my family did not.

I touched my face feeling Tears run done my face. I laughed as I fell to my knees. I thought I moved passed those memories. But here I was breaking down.

Jushiro pulled me into a hug. He held me and wiped my tears away. I was shocked. This man has singlehandedly broke past the walls I've built up since I was born.

"you are so very important to me Saki, so even if they didn't. Know that I will always love you, " Jushiro said.

My eyes widened before I closed them. I listen to his heartbeat as he held my shaking body. Why, why was it him that I opened up to?

"and Saki. You aren't like those lotus you saw. You have bloomed to be prettier than any lotus I've seen, " he said.