1. Rebekah | [Can't Lose What You Don't Have]

Your character's name: Dylan

Situation: You've grown close to the new girl at school, Rebekah Mikaelson. Once you knew her secret, the reality of it all came to the surface and fears bubbled in your heart but you remember: You can't lose what you don't have.

Mood: Angst/Fluff

Word Count: 2196

---------

Every morning on a school day, you couldn't help but park your car near the trees at the front yard of the school, at the same spot every time. This little routine of yours hasn't been going on long enough for your friends to notice, but it was obvious enough for you to realize why you did it in the first place.

That spot, the third slot from the far left area, it was the perfect place for you to see her.

Sure, that may come off as a little creepy but you figured that in a town where vampires and werewolves lurked in the shadows, a bit of staring was the least of your problems. And it's not like you could help it; she just captured your attention every time she walks into the scene.

The new girl, Rebekah Mikaelson. A slender girl with straight blonde hair and a beauty that took every girl's ego down a notch. She was everything that you liked; smart, graceful and a personality that bit you back. It has only been a few weeks since she got here but you were already so enraptured.

But you knew she was dangerous.

You knew that it was a little silly for you to hope that she was normal. Because ever since last summer, nothing normal really happened in Mystic Falls. You weren't particularly close to Elena and all of her friends, but you were close enough to be threatened by a vampire once.

It didn't take long for you to get the news from Caroline, the preppy gossiper who only became chattier after she was turned. The news that Rebekah, the gorgeous person you had grown to admire, was actually a vampire. And to make things even more confusing, she was a special kind of vampire.

An Original.

Even though your heart was strong enough to deal with these mythical creatures coming to life, you had a double take when you realized that Rebekah had been living for more years than you could have possibly imagined.
The thought of a 1000 year old girl would cause even the bravest people falter for a moment.

But amazingly, you quickly realized that your attraction to her did not weaken in the slightest. As time passed, you only found yourself gathering enough courage to approach her. You still remembered the first time you talked to her, when the rain was pouring down as school time was over and oddly enough, she didn't make any effort in making her way home.

Rebekah was standing by the school doors, her eyes staring at the rain outside in what seemed to be longing. You heard her sigh loudly, she steals a few glances at her wristwatch every now and then. Soon enough her right foot began tapping the floor and it couldn't have been more obvious that her patience was running thin.

You didn't know how you suddenly had the courage to do it but things just felt right, so you walked over to her, careful in your steps as if she would run away if you went to her in a wrong way.

When you were close, Rebekah turned her head in your direction, raising an eyebrow when she sees you. Her face wasn't unfriendly, but merely curious, like she wasn't used to people being approached. She didnt say anything until you stood directly opposite to her, at which point she tilted her head.