miscarriage | angel reyes

request: 9. "stop pushing everyone away" 23. "don't make this harder than it already is" with Angel Reyes pretty please
a.n: thank you for requesting
warnings: mention of miscarriage
——
it's been a month since you lost the baby.

your relationship with yourself, with angel, with everyone, hasn't been the same. you can't even leave the house, much less socialize with anyone.

angel knew you needed time, hell, you both needed time. he gave you space, but it had gotten to the point where you would lock yourself away, not even talking to him; your relationship became strained.

he turns the knob on the bedroom door and is surprised to find it unlocked. he sees you on the bed, curled up with your eyes closed, dried tear stains down your cheeks, and his heart breaks.

"mi amor?" he says quietly to see if you were awake

you slowly open your eyes and he sits on the edge of the bed. he waits a few moments before he starts, "I know you need space, I get it, but please stop pushing everyone away, stop pushing me away" he says quietly as he lays one hand on your arm.

"please don't make this harder than it already is" you say as tears escape your eyes.

"I'm not trying to amor, but i think it's time we at least try to move forward" he treads lightly

you scoot closer to him and put your head in his lap. "i know, but i just can't, i don't know how to" you whisper

"we're gonna get through this together corazón, you're not alone in this" he says as he runs his hand through your hair.

the first two weeks after losing the baby angel was a mess to say the least, but you were both there for each other. yeah he was still struggling, but you were struggling more.

"i'm sorry for pushing you away these past two weeks" you say quietly

"it's okay, i understand" he nods

after a few minutes, "can you hold me?" you say as you look up at him

"of course" he smiles and he readjusts the both of you so you're laying on his chest while his arms wrap around you.

"I missed having you in my arms, I missed you" he says as he leans down and kisses your forehead

"i missed you too" you sigh and you cuddle deeper into his chest and close your eyes.

it was going to be a long process, and it feels like the pain will always be there in some way, but you'd get through it. together.