it comes and it goes in waves | ez reyes

annon: Can I have an EZ imagine where he is a secret admirer of the reader and she has problems with depression. A little smut if you want. I love your writing and you're very good. <3
a/n: awww thanks!!
a/n: no smut, listened to "waves" by dean lewis for inspiration. not trying to romanticize depression or anything like that
warnings: depression, fluff
—————————————
it was one of those days where you just wanted to stay on the couch and cry. everything was fine yesterday but today right when you woke up, you just didn't feel like yourself. your head started filling with negative thoughts.

you usually distract yourself with work, but you had today off. all you could really do today was lay on the couch and watch tv, you occasionally cried and slept, but mostly you just stared blankly at the tv and avoided the text and calls on your phone.

it was around 6:00 pm when the knocking started. "y/n open the door, i know you're in there" it was Ez.

you stayed silent, hoping he'd leave. "you're not answering any calls or texts from the club, we're worried about you" he says as he continues to knock.

you hear the rustle of keys and then hear the door open. you forgot you gave him a spare set of your keys just in case you lost yours, and who better to have a key than your best friend.

"y/n?" he calls as he closes the front door.

"go away please" you groan from underneath your blanket.

you hear him come closer to you and kneel down next to the sofa. he gently takes the blanket from over you. you turn your body toward the sofa so he couldn't see your face.

"rough day?" he asks as he puts his hand on your shoulder.

"yeah" you whisper as you put your hand over his.

he didn't say anything else. he's been through this with you a few times already and knows that when you're ready, you'll talk to him.

after a few minutes of trying to get yourself together, you turn around. he sees that your eyes are red, puffy, and still glazed over with unshed tears. you scoot over on the couch so he can lay down with you.

you curl into his side and his hand draws pattern on your back, it was something he always did to comfort you.

"i know sometimes i just want to be alone, but thanks for being here" you say with a sad smile

"i'll always be here for you, so please don't shut me out" he says as he looks down at you. "i love you" he says

"i sure hope so seeing as we're best friends" you try to joke to lighten the mood.

"i love you more than a friend" he hesitates.

you sit up and look at him, "since when?" you ask in shock.

"for a while now and it's okay if you don't feel the same way. i just needed you to know" he says calmly, like he didn't just change your relationship.

it's a good think you have feelings for him too. "i love you too" you smile

"as a friend or....?" he trails off

"more than a friend" you blush.

he leans forward and cups your cheek in his hand, "is it okay if i kiss you?" he asks.

you smile and nod, and then he brings his lips to yours.