008

For the rest of the flight, I'm seated on Connor's lap, my head rested on his shoulder. He helped me wipe away the dry blood on the side of my head, also covering up my wounds on my left hand.

"I'm afraid you will have to say your goodbyes, we near our destination."
"W-why can't he stay?"
"Because he cannot," Loki waves his hand and Connor begins to disappear.
"NO! Wait please!"
Loki, looking utterly annoyed, does the same gesture again, "one minute!".

For now all I can do is stare at him, I hate saying goodbye,
"Remember how I told you how glad I was to make you happy?". I just nod,
"I want you to remember that, if I don't come back t-"
"But you will!"

Gently he grabs my uninjured hand, "if, if I do not return. I want you to be happy, no matter where you are, I wish for you to be happy. Do not be sad, don't ignore others who admire you are, even if you have to forget about me in order to stay happy, do it. Because that is all I care about".

He started to disappear again and a tight knot forms in my throat, "But I love you so much!"
"I know you do, that is why you must move on"
With that, he was gone. I blinked hard, tears slipping quietly down my face. I would see him again! I'd just would have to do as I was told.

Loki was staring at me, "we're here". Wiping away my tears I nod and open the back of the plane, landing on the very top of Stark Tower.

*3RD person POV*

"Agent Coulson is down and Agent Marshall has been compromised"
Stark stares at the Captain, "I should have been there with her".
Steve looks crestfallen, "I should have too...", he replies.

Fury is alongside Tony and Steve at the conference table, "These were in Phil Coulson's jacket, guess he never did get you to sign them," Fury tosses the cards in Steve's direction. 
"As for Marshall's whereabouts, Coulson told me that she tried her best to fight the power of Loki's scepter... I lost one of my best agents and the other's been taken".

"We're dead in the air up hear, our communications, the cube.... Banner, Thor, I got nothing for you. Lost my one good eye... maybe I had that coming." The room is silent, filled with loss. "Yes... we were going to build an arsenal with the tesseract, never put all my chips on that number though because I was playing with something even riskier."

The two other people in the room keep silent,
"There was an idea, Stark knows this called the Avengers Initiative. The idea was to bring together a group of remarkable people, to see if they could become something more, see if they could work together when we needed then to, to fight the battles that we never could... Phil Coulson died still believing in that idea, and he rose."

Tony rises up on par with Fury's last words, leaving the room and to where Coulson was killed. Fury continues, "well... its an old fashioned option." Following Tony, Steve follows suit.

....

*Rowan POV*

Selvig was already here,
"Do you need help with anything?", I asked.
"Actually, yes. Bring me that red wire and connected to the base of the communicator".  Its like something in my mind knew exactly what to do. I connect it to its base, below the tesseract.
"Thanks"
"Is that all ?"
"It is," Erik said as he was staring at his beloved masterpiece.

I left to go inside with Loki but he was already leaving,
"Stay here, move on my word".
"Yes sir". I hide inside the Stark Tower behind the wall and await for further instructions. A few minutes later I hear a blast of an energy wave and the familiar thunk of Stark's metal suit inside the room. Then I hear Loki's voice in my mind,
"Not yet, stay put."

....

Time passes before I hear anything else. Then, in the hallway I hear Loki's voice, "please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity?", then I hear Tony's,
"Uh, actually I'm planning to threaten you."
Loki chuckles, "you should have left your armor on for that". The sounds of them getting closer to me increases by the moment,
"Yeah, seen a bit of mileage and you've the.. glow stick of destiny. Would you like a drink?"
"Stalling me won't change anything"
"No no no, threatening! No drink you sure? Well I'm having one"
"The Chitari are coming, nothing will change that. What have I to fear?"
"The Avengers."

"What is that?," Loki asks me, using his telepathy to talk to me,
Fury's initiative to help umm make the world a better place, with the help the hero's I suppose.
"Sounds pathetic"
I shrug though he can't see me, Fury does what he can

Tony continues, "its what we call ourselves, were like a team. Earths mightiest hero's-"
"Yes, I've meet them"
"Takes us a while to get any traction I'll give you that one. But lets do a head count here, your brother, the demigod. A super soldier living legend who kinda lives up the the legend. A man with breathtaking anger management issues, couple of master assassins, and you, big fella, you've managed to piss of every single one of them."
"That was the plan"

"Not a great plan. When they come, and they will, they'll come for you"
"I have an army"
"We have a hulk"
"Oh I thought he beast had wondered off?"
"You're missing the point. There is no throne, no version of this where you come out on top. Maybe you army comes and maybe its to much for us but its all on you. Because if we can't protect the earth, you can be damn sure we'll avenge it."

"You forget something though."
"Oh yeah? Whats that?"
"Now!"

I appear from behind Loki, with a knife in hand,
"I have her, which I'm sure you will allow no harm to come to her, correct?". I lift the knife to my throat.
"Hey kid! What are you doing, put the knife down!"
"She won't listen to you, she's under my control and I have what she wants"
"Which is?"
"This man... Connor. I searched her mind and she seems very attached to him."  

Tony turns to me his face showing panic, "Hey kid, I'm sorry but he's gone, you can't bring back the dead, he can't bring back the dead!"
Its my turn to smile, "Oh but he can, and he did".
"It was a fake!"
I shake my head, grinning, "no you don't understand. He appeared right in front of me, I could touch him, and I heard his sweet voice again."

"Kid, I don't know what tricks he has up his sleeve but that wasn't Connor. I know you miss him, but he's not coming back!"
I snarl at him, "then I have nothing to live for!". I press the blade hard against my throat, feeling a small cut beginning to grow into a much deeper one.
"Stop!!," Tony shouts out.

For some reason I hesitate, and Loki senses my reluctance,
"What do you think you're doing!"
"I..I don't.... know...". Loki turned to face me and points his scepter over my heart, the power shoving itself violently into my mind. I grind my teeth together, my mind feels like it's filling with water, the pressure wrapping around my brain.

Tony's voice is blurred, "Hey! Loki, eyes on me".
I drop the knife feeling myself shutter violently, blinking hard I collapse in to the ground. The pain in my arm has returned and everything seems strangely out of focus.
I squint my eyes open to find Loki stopping Tony from getting closely to me, grabs him by the neck and throwing him aggressively away a few meters away, making him closer to the large glass walls.

Loki grabs him by the neck and before I pass out I hear, "you will ALL fall before me!".
"Deploy!!!," a large sound of glass breaking then Tony firing his repulsers. My eyes roll back and all I can see is a light blue light before everything goes completely dark.

A/N: to show your support please vote and maybe we reach a certain amount of views we do social media shoutouts 😏😏