Chapter 5: If Looks Could Kill..

Hermione had detention. She was fuming! "That evil little prick, had to go and get me in trouble!! And with Snape!! This is just perfect! Oh I'm going to Murder him when I see him!"

She sat with Harry and Ron who finishing up a Transfiguration essay, by the fireplace in the Gryffindor Common room.

"You can do that later, Hermione, right now I need help with this. Can you check it for me?" Asked Ron.

She checked her watch, it was still twenty minutes to eight. "I suppose so," she replied, and held out her hand for the parchment, which Ron quickly passed to her. Harry watch his two best friends and sighed. He was still steadily working on his essay.

Hermione reached into her cloak pocket for her wand, and was momentarily surprised to find two wands there. She still had Malfoy's wand. She wondered how he had managed the entire day wandless and why hadn't he asked her for it back yet?

She read Ron's essay and scratched out paragraphs and corrented spelling and gramatic errors, and finally cast a plagerism spell on the corrected essay. She handed it back to a beaming Ron, "Wow, thanks Hermione!"

"Sure Ron," she returned the smile, pleased to see how simple it was to make him happy. "I should get going now, wouldn't want to be late!" It was now ten minutes to eight. She stood up from her place beside the fire.

"Enjoy Detention!" Harry smirked. He had had his fair share of Detentions the previous six years.

"Thanks Harry" she said sacractically and smiled at him. "See you two in the morning. Hopefully those essays," she pointed to the scattered parchment in front of them, "will be completed by then."

"Night Hermione" smiled Ron.

Hermione picked up her bag, grabbed her wand, (Malfoy's was still securely tucked in her robe.) And headed for the Portrait door. She hadn't told the boys what had happend the night before with Malfoy and that she had his wand with her.

She pulled her robe tighter around her as the night air was a bit chilly and trotted down the corridor towards the dungeons.

The dungeons were avoided by day and unsoughtly by night. They could give anyone the creeps. Hermione gritted her teeth and continued the last few feet to the door of Snapes office. She checked her watch again: two minuted to eight. She sighed and wondered if Malfoy was already there. Just as she raised her hand to knock at the door, she felt a strong hand close around her wrist and pulled her into the shadows of the pillars. She opened her mouth to scream, but another hand was placed over her mouth. Hermione battled to see in the dark, and blinked a few times, each time opening her eyes wider, hoping to quickly dialate her pupils to see better. All she could make out was a white shirt and light hair. She immediatly realised who the person was. Malfoy!

Hermione struggled under his firm grip. Slowly, once sure that she knew who he was, and that she wouldn't scream, he removed his hand, and she gasped for air. "Malfoy! What the hell are you doing?"

"Nothing I told you I wouldn't do!"

"What??" She snapped, confused and irritated.

"Bye Granger! I hope you know that you're late for detention!" He gave her a broad smirk and turned and left her standing there.

"For you information, Malfoy, you also late, you pathetic git!" She called after him.

She smothed down her hair and robes, but her hand stopped when it reached her pocket. There was only one wand there.

"Damn you Malfoy!" She muttered. When did he even have the chance to steal back his wand, and without her noticing? Hermione found her bag on the floor and picked it up. She took a few steps towards the light, and looked down at the wand in her hand. It was definitely not her wand. It was Malfoys. That meant that he took hers, and knowing Malfoy, he probably did that on purpose. Surpressing a groan, she knocked on the Professor's door.

"Enter" came the response.

"She tentativly opened the door and stepped inside. Malfoy was already there. He turned when she entered and made eye contact with her, smirking, letting her know that he knew that she knew that he had taken her wand. She glared right back, not flinching under his intense stare.

"Twenty points from you Miss Granger. I do not like tardiness."

Hermione was still seething at Malfoy, and hence, she had not heard the Professor.

She thought of the muggle saying: "If looks could kill... "
Malfoy would be a pile of ashes by now!