Chapter 7: Didn't Mummy Ever Tell You It's Rude To Stare

The next evening, on returning from dinner,  Hermione decided to sit down and catch up on some much needed reading.  She sat on the couch across from the fire,  it's flames casting a dull redness on the pages of the book that lay open in her lap. She was very content in the moment.
Hermione was so engrossed with her literature,  she didn't notice Malfoy watching her from the portrait door,  having just entered.  The light  caught her faces in all the right angles, and he watched as she occasionally bit her bottom lip in concentration. She was beautiful! He would admit that to himself. He stood there for a few more minutes,  just silently watching,  until she yawned, closed her book and stood to leave.  It was then did she notice her unannounced guest.  "Malfoy!  What are you doing?" she was a bit taken back. 
"Huh? Oh nothing,  I,  uh, I just came in now!" he quickly brushed her question off.
"Whatever! We have patrols in an hour. Don't be late!"
"I won't!" he shot back and headed for his bedroom.

Hermione decided to take a shower before heading out to patrol the castle. She gathered her stuff and opened her door to the adjoining bathroom that she shared with Malfoy.
Hermione froze. Malfoy was standing in front of the sink,  shirtless, brushing his teeth.  At the sound of the door opening,  Malfoy turned his head to the left,  and saw Hermione.
Hermione's eyes moved from his face,  down his neck,  and across his perfectly sculpted chest. The sound of him clearing his throat brought her back to reality,  and her eyes once again,  although reluctantly,  moved back up his body and met his.
"My, my, Granger! Didn't your mummy ever tell you that it was rude to stare?" he smirked.
She rolled her eyes,  trying to hide her embarrassment.  "Not that it's any of your business but I need to take a shower. So could you please hurry up in here!"
"No!"
"Why not?"
"I'm busy, Granger!"
"I'm also very busy, Malfoy. That is why I need you to get out now so I can take a shower."
"I'm not going anywhere,  so either turn around and close the door behind you,  or take a shower! It's really up to you!"
"Urgh" Hermione groaned and left the bathroom,  making sure she's slammed the door behind her.  Draco smirked at her reaction,  knowing how furious she was.

Hermione lay on her bed,  writing to her parents.  She had not written to them since she got to Hogwarts. She imagined the smiles on their faces when they read that she was coming home for Christmas.  She loved Christmas at Hogwarts- it was spectacular, but she loved spending it with her family more. She finished up the letter, rolled up the parchment and placed it in her robe pocket.  She would stop at the owelry, during her patrol, and send it with Hedwig.

The hour was up. She got up,  smoothed out her robe and went to the common room.  Here, she found Malfoy lounging on the couch she had previously occupied.  He was wearing black jeans  and a grey pullover, underneath his Slytherin robes. When he saw her,  he got up and headed for the portrait door with. Hermione following close behind. When he reached the door,  he paused,  and signalled for Hermione to leave first.  She did,  but not before elbowing him hard in the stomach as she passed.
"You deserved that!" she smirked and walked down the corridor,satisfied,  not waiting for him.
"I know!" he smiled quietly,  and made his way after her.