「Looking For Information」

Hello! Please be aware that this book does contain some spoilers! Thank you!

Incase you didn't read the description: (Y/N) was raised to be a hitman at a young age. She is the second best hitman in the world, right under Reborn. She travelled far and wide with her partner, Spade, a wolf. She received a summoning slip to go to the tallest mountain in the world. Finally, she arrived at the peak to find that there was no one there. Suddenly a blinding light shone, (Y/N) almost falling off the mountain if it wasn't for her partner who stopped her fall. Then the light dimmed. It took a bit for (Y/N) to gain her eyesight back, but when she did, everything seemed larger, even her partner, Spade. She found a nearby puddle only to find herself as a baby. (Y/N) didn't really mind her Arcobaleno form actually, but she was curious about it. She began her travels again, in search of the 7 other babies around the world.

Reader POV
I looked to Spade, he seemed to recognize me as he came over to lick my cheek. It was common knowledge that there were seven Arcobaleno and seven pacifiers in the world. So what was this? I looked down at my chest to see an iridescent pacifier, that I hid in my cloak. I climbed onto Spade's back as I directed him to go back into town. As we rode back to town, I thought to myself: Why is there an eighth pacifier? Who knows about the eighth pacifier? What is the eighth pacifier? So many questions, but not enough answers. In no time at all I found myself in town. Everything was so much taller than me. Even if I was short/tall/medium before, it was better than being this short, I sighed. I made my way to my favorite restaurant in the area, it was good, but not as good as my food at my hometown.

I was greeted as I stepped into the restaurant.
"Welcome! (Y/N)? Did you shrink?" I was greeted by the owner's son, Yametoetoe. (Just Kidding, it was Yamamoto).
"Well, there has been some adjustments" I told him. But well, it's more than just some.
"I see, I see. Oh! Come sit down. What would you like? Dad is out right now."
"Then I'll take the house special."
"Right, coming up!" Yamamoto started making the rice rolls as I sat down, waiting. Spade sat down on the floor next to me.
"So, what brings you here (Y/N)?" Yamamoto questioned.
"I was just in the area" I stated. Yamamoto doesn't know about my career and I don't plan on letting him know anytime soon. He just nodded his head as he continued making the dish.
"Is it for to go or here?" Yamato asked.
"To go, I have some business to attend to" I said, which was true. I heard that there was an illusionist, Mammon, that comes around here sometimes. He is part of the Varia and I believe he is an arcobaleno too. Yamamoto handed me a to go box in a bag. "How much is it?" I asked.
"It's on the house" he smiled. "My dad wanted to thank you for helping with the shop sometimes"
"Oh, Thank you and thank your dad for me too"
"Yeah!" With that, I left with Spade to go find Mammon, the door ringing as I left.

Now, to find Mammon. After leaving the restaurant, I climbed on top of Spade. We went around town with no luck. We continued walking.
"Let's check up there," I pointed to a staircase that led up to a shrine. Spade started going up, but when I reached the top, the shrine was no where to be seen. "Huh? Wasn't there a shrine just around here?" Spade started to growl. I decided to hop off and look around. "Who's there?" I called out. I heard a sigh in front of me and a floating arcobaleno in black appeared in front of me, a purple pacifier glowing on his chest.
"Good Grief. You. Who are you? And how did you know that I was here?"
"My name is (Y/N). Are you the Arcobaleno Mammon?" I asked. He paused before responding.
"I might be."
"I want information about the seven arcobaleno."
"Hmm... For what cost?"
"Cost?"
"I don't give out information for free."
"I have about 100,000 yen on me, is that enough?" Of course I had more on me, but I can't spend all my money here. How would I find a place to sleep?
"No, if you want information about the arcobaleno, it would cost more money than that."
"Fine..." I sighed, putting away the money, to see my pacifier glowing beneath my cloak.
"You..." Mammon spoke to me, "What's glowing beneath your cloak?"
"This?" I pulled out my iridescent pacifier.
"Where did you get that?" Mammon asked.
"Wouldn't you like to know," I smiled. "I demand an information trade. I get to ask you a question, and you get to ask me a question."
"Fine, but I get to go first."
"Great!" I smiled.
"First, how did you get that pacifier?"
"I was on a mission, and I received a call slip to meet at the tallest mountain. A bright light shone when I got to the top. Next thing I know I'm in this shrunken form. My turn, what is an arcobaleno?"
"Arcobalenos are considered the strongest babies. We all had adult bodies before being turned to babies. Our job is to protect our pacifiers. Now, what pacifier do you have?" Mammon asked. At this I frowned, even I didn't know the answer to that.
"I don't know, I thought that maybe the other arcobaleno would know."
"Then what is your flame?"
"My flame? I don't have one."
"Impossible, all arcobalenos have a flame."
"Um, next question? Since all of my answers weren't any good."
"I don't have any more questions for you, bye," Mammon started disappearing.
"Wait," I sighed. "Well that was pretty useless I guess. Oh well, let's go Spade, at least I got one of my questions answered." I climbed back onto Spade when I heard a voice.
"Wait."

Alright! That was my first actual chapter. Hope it's not too short. Please tell me if I make any spelling/grammar mistakes and I'll be sure to fix it! Thanks for reading, bye bye!! (^∇^)