13, The Ceremony

The ceremony was beautiful, but not near as beautiful as Shirayuki was. She was beaming with joy, in her simple, yet beautifully elegant wedding gown. The look on Zen's face was indescribably joyous, as he gazed upon his bride as she walked down the aisle. They had written their own vows. Everyone had tears in their eyes by the time they shared their first kiss as husband and wife.

Hana waited by the cakes anxiously. She had worked so hard the last couple months since being here. She hoped that it would be good enough. The white cakes were massive, the main piece being 8 tiers, each tier being divided with a layer of roses all around, and then embellished with golden pipe work. The 5 other cakes cascaded down around the 8 tiered one, each on its own golden cake stand, and each as much adorned with roses as the table.

She had truly outdone herself.

Shirayuki and Zen gasped at the sight of it as they walked into the grand room. "Hana, it's absolutely breath taking!" Shirayuki said, completely awe-struck. "You've really outdone yourself. I can't wait to try it," Zen said. Hana bowed, "I am honored." Hana carefully handed the knife to Zen, and he and Shirayuki cut the first slice, happily feeding each other so sweetly. Hana smiled at the sight. True love. True happiness. She was thrilled for them, from the bottom of her heart. Once the ceremonial slice was eaten, Hana set to work carefully unstacking and slicing the cake for the hundreds of people that she would be serving.

"You look stunning," Obi said, seeing Hana for the first time since the morning. It was evening now. Hana plated the slice of cake she had. She looked up at him. "Obi! I don't know about that, I feel as if it's a bit much for me," she blushed, handing Obi a plate. "Nonsense, it suits you well." Obi took the plate from her.

"Obi!" Zen called out for him. "I have to go, but I want to see you later. We'll share a dance, alright?" Obi pecked her cheek as he walked passed her. She touched her cheek where he had kissed it. Tears welled once more. What was she going to do? How was she going to tell him? She had let this get far too out of hand.

The room quieted down, the music played, and the first dance of the night between Shirayuki and Zen commenced. Everyone soon joined in, and she watched as Shirayuki danced with Mitsuhide next, and Zen came for her. She gasped as the prince approached her. "Come on, you should be dancing, too, Hana!" Zen held out his hand. Hana took it, not sure she could say no to the Second Prince. A few minutes of dancing with Zen, and she was spun off to her next partner. Obi. He held out his hand for her to catch, but she froze. He was so handsome. So strong. She loved him. And she was sure that he loved her, too. But she had been leading him on. Lying to him. It couldn't last. Instead of accepting him as her next dance partner, she ran off, her heart pounding in her chest as tears rolled down her cheeks.

Obi was stunned, his eyes wide and his mouth agape as he watched her run off.

He had to go after her.