1, An Accidental Meeting

(Based around the anime)

"Sneaking out to your garden again, Hana?" asked Koji, his voice a whisper, as he walked in on Hana, whom was crouched on the small window sill of the kitchen. "You caught me," Hana answered, her voice also a whisper, and a smile on her face.

Koji was like a little brother to Hana, nearly a decade younger than she. His hair framed his face in layers of wavy golden locks, and his eyes, hopeless but loving, shone of amber.

"Try not to slip and fall again," he warned her, since she was always doing things like that, with how clumsy she was. "Koji, me? Fall? Come on." Hana said dismissively, waving her hand at him, when suddenly, she lost her balance and fell out the window, landing abruptly on her face.

"Be sure to be back by sunrise, or else the master with lose her temper again," Koji reminded her, looking out the window, down at his unrelated sister, unscathed by her falling-- it happened often enough. "Yeah, I know," Hana answered, getting up and rubbing her nose before giving Koji a list of duties to start on: "Be sure to have the fillings slowly thickening on the stove, the artisan loaves will need kneaded for no less than 10 minutes each, and be sure to take my buttercream out of the fridge and beat it, please!," once Hana finished her list, she waved at him as she scurried off; he nodded, "I know," and retreated back into the kitchen.

Hana breathed in deeply as she laid down in the long grass on the field outside of town, bordering the forest. It was a cool, dark morning, with dawn quickly approaching. She loved coming out here to relax. To get away. She closed her eyes, wishing she could do this more often; it was so freeing. With a small sigh, she stood up and looked to the moon; it would never truly be freeing for her, though; something she had come to terms with long ago. She looked down, patting some dust off her apron before making her way into the woods.

Hana was rather petit, standing at just under 5'2", with a slender but somewhat curvy frame. Her hair was black, thick, and lengthy, reaching passed her lower back when it was loose, and smooth as the finest of silks; she kept it in a large, loose braid over her shoulder. Her eyes were unique, shining a deep violet hue, offset by her porcelain skin, but partially hidden under her long, side-swept bangs.

She wore a long-sleeved indigo blue dress, reaching her knees, with black leggings on underneath. Around her waist she wore a short, plain white apron, and upon her shoulders a short, brown cloak, only reaching her elbows. Her boots came nearly to her knees, and were also brown, stitched all the up from the front down the middle.

"They're perfect now. Good." Hana spoke to herself, observing a beet she had uprooted from her small garden hidden away in the woods. Her safe spot. She picked a few more, thoughtfully putting each in her apron. Once she was satisfied with her haul, she stood up, looking down at the fresh beets and smiled softly; she was going to get her new recipe right this time; she was determined. She looked up to the sky, having realized that she had once again lost track of time, and her eyes widened with fear, "oh no! It's nearly sunrise!" she exclaimed quietly to herself as she began to run back to the bakery that she, her brother, and their master lived in.