There was always someone else lingering around her heart..  she didn't want to admit it, but she was sure of one thing, Steve could make her forget, for the short period of time she spent with Steve, the kind of feelings slowly awakening within her were exceptional, there was only one  situation similar to this one, when she first met the rookie police officer  in Raccoon City, of course her feelings towards Leon were stronger, but there was no chance for the two, since Ada Wong crossed their paths and today still, there wasn't a chance for Leon and her and she knew that...
Steve on the other hand, could have made her love him with his  charming , caring, protective, funny and lovely self, he would've given her everything and he would've only loved her. That's what she really wanted, a man that would love her and only her  - but there is no point thinking about you Steve right?, because you are dead and I can't bring you BACK ! - she screamed the last word in desperation, more tears welling up, with a breaking voice hitting the wheel of her car.. Only if she could bring him back to life.
Her rage was turning to someone else or more like.. to something else.. Umbrella and Albert Wesker, she remembered how many people she had lost because of them, how many people everyone of them had lost and still were about to loose fighting against the evil.

It was already dark outside, she decided to go out of the car and stop thinking too much about what could've been and what not, taking the handle to open the door, her eyes darted to the mirror where she saw a man standing a few meters behind her car, immediately hiding behind one of the trees in the parking lot right next to him.
Claire's hesitated a bit to get out, thinking that all the years she was living there, she never had this kind of experience, after all those years working for TerraSave she didn't carry a gun to protect herself but again, maybe she was just being a little paranoid, so she decided to take a cautious look before heading to her apartment but no one was behind that tree by the moment she got there...

Leon heard someone trying to open the door, he stiffened instantly, for once being a nervous mess, he didn't know how she would react to see him  there, but he was determined to make her listen to him and if everything went well , maybe she would even give him another chance.

The door opened and he already was standing in front of her, when their eyes met, but he didn't see any reaction at all, Claire was holding her eyes on his, but he couldn't read her face at all, her expression was blank.

- Claire... I was really worried...- he said trying to break the silence in the best way possible, still looking at her with a pleading face.
- I'm fine - Claire responded, in her face a little sad smile, one of resignation  - I'm tired Leon..- he was about to say something, about to ask for just a minute to talk when she talked again - I'm really tired, let's go sit down-, listening to her words, really wondering what she was up to, she didn't sound like the impulsive and loud  red haired girl  he knew but he followed her, both sitting on the couch .. Claire looking to her beautiful and soothing fireplace, her eyes following the warm flames growing bigger and disappearing again, she was in a very comfortable position, her mind was finding peace as well, when Leon's left hand touched her right one, her eyes flashed instantly to the sight of their both hands intertwined, her pulse  was growing faster, it didn't matter what happened, what he would say or do , just a touch of this damn man could break her strongest will.

- Claire ...- he called her name carefully with his incredible sweet and soothing voice, trying to gain her attention, with success, she turned her face to look at him, right in the eyes.. - Claire I know you don't want to hear me but please let me explain it to y..- 
- can you ?- she interrupted him again, really wishing he could explain why he told her all the things she always wanted to hear, and if he really meant it, when he found out, that the  woman he really loved was her, why did he hide the fact that he shared that night with Ada 3 months ago?.. " No .. He can't explain that, because the truth is, he can't forget her and he loves her.." She thought and before he could answer her question, she talked again - Leon, I know you, I know you better than I know myself, even tho you indeed are a complicated man and sometimes I don't know what's in your heart, I know that you don't mean to hurt me but I am not the young crazy girl from raccoon city anymore, I am a grown woman and out of respect you should tell me the truth, you have to be honest no matter where this takes us to"