003 - Sudden Resposibility

"Ryuko" I whispered, poking her with my pencil.

She's been glaring at our teacher for the longest time today. Whatever Mr. Mikisugi did, she seems super pissed about it.

"R-Ryuko!" I whispered a bit louder, still getting nothing.

A few minutes later, the bell rung, meaning that classes for today were over and that we could all go home. The teacher gave us his farewells and left the classroom. Ryuko got up and followed, looking quite pissed.

"(y/n)! Let's follow her!" Mako cheered, grabbing my wrist.

"Ah- she doesn't seem like she's in the mood for that now-" I got cut off as she pulled me out of my seat and into the hallway.

"RYUKOOO!!" She yelled jumping towards her.

"M-Mako!" I was being dragged along, however before colliding with Ryuko, I managed to escape her grip.

Ryuko, without saying a word, started spinning Mako in the air like some kind of parade baton before setting her down carefully. On Mako's back was a needle with a note pierced on it.

"Meet me after school at the same place before -Aikuro Mikisugi" it said.

"That bastard!" Ryuko grunted as she crumpled the note.

"Eh? What's that? A love letter from our teacher?" I asked.

"(y-y/n)?! You were here?!"

"Uh... yeah, since you spun Mako around.."

"Wait wait wait! It's not like that!" Ryuko blushed as she started to explain.

"Mako... we just bumped into Ryuko and Mr. Mikisugi's forbidden love-" My sentence was cut short when Ryuko delivered a quick blow to my stomach.

"Ack!"

"I SAID IT WASN'T LIKE THAT!" She yelled, still blushing.

"Uuggh..." I groaned, holding my stomach and kneeling on the ground before grinning and looking at Ryuko.

"H-Heh... Ryuko and Mr. Mikisugi sitting on a tree! K-I-S-"

"AAAA! SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP!" She yelled even louder before kicking me on the stomach again. This time, the impact blasted me into the wall.

"Uwaa! Ryuko you went too far!" Mako yelled, trying to pull me out of the wall.

"Ah! O-Oi! (y/n)! A-Are you okay?!" Ryuko asked with concern.

"Worth... it..."

Mako pulled me out of the wall as I plopped back on my feet. I felt dizzy for a few seconds before regaining my balance.

"J-Jeez... A-Anyway, I gotta go somewhere... so see you guys later!" Ryuko scoffed as she walked off.

"Yup, see ya!" I waved her off and watched her walk off.

"Mako what's-" I turn to see Mako gone before realizing I was alone.

"(y/n) (l/n)!" A deep voice yelled as I felt the ground started rumbling. I turn to see one of my good friends Ira Gamagoori.

Despite his position as Disciplinary Chair, he still values our friendship (I hope).

"Woah! Ira! What's up?"

"Ah... just a fair warning, don't go to school tomorrow..."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean, if you go, you'll most likely get affected by the collateral damage."

"A-Are you... shootin-"

"No."

"I... won't ask-"

"Don't worry, your academic record won't get affected..." He reassured, which gave me a ton of relief.

"Well then, if you don't mind!" I smiled, keeping my feelings of finally taking a break to finish my game hidden.

"That's all, I'll see you in two days... which is No-Late Day..." He spoke as he walked away.

"Ah- wait! Crap!"

What's with everyone walking away from me today, do I stink or something- eh, whatever! Free no school day for me!

I walked home after his warning and took his words to heart. I got to my cozy home and prepared my food as the game console booted up (favorite game).

I ate and played my game all night before I ended up falling asleep on my bed.

I woke up the next morning... well... afternoon... well... 3:50 PM to be exact. Well good thing this isn't part of my record.

I decided to have a walk since I needed some fresh air only to once again stumble on an injured Ryuko, leaning on the wall.

"E-Eh? What... happened today?"

"(y/n)!! Where were you!" Mako came out of nowhere and yelled at me.

"Ahm... I got sick, but I feel better now!" I lied as naturally as I breathed.

"We're in trouble! Serious trouble!"

"W-What do you mean?!"

"Ryuko just fought Lady Satsuki! It was equal but Ryuko fainted on her way home! Not to mention every club is after us!"

"A-Ah... I-I see... W-Why me?!" I mumble under my breath.

"Can't you take her to your clinic?"

"I can't! My dad had to go to some medical orientation and won't be back for a while..."

"Eh- Fine... I guess-"

"Great! Well then! Take care of her! I'll see you tomorrow!"

"Wait! What?! Hold on!" Mako ran off before I finished my sentence.

I look down to an injured Ryuko and started to feel glares on my back.

"Mommy, is he a pervert?" I overheard from a voice.

"Don't talk about other people that way-"

I sighed and carried her to a shopping cart and brought her back to my home to patch her up.