39 - irl

Ava's POV:

Ava's POV:

"Take deep breaths, you got this." Chelsea says calmly with her hands on my shoulders.

I feel myself start to panic even more as the realization hits. I'm performing on a stage in front of hundreds of people. With Ruel.

I shake my head. "I-I can't, I can't do this." My hands start to shake and my breathing quickens.

"Get Ruel in here." I faintly hear Chelsea say through my panicking. A few seconds later the door opens and footsteps rush towards me.

"What's going on? What happened?" Ruel asks the others in the room. They say something that I don't hear before he walks over to me. He carefully places his hands on my arms. A shiver runs through my body and I start to calm down a little.

"What's wrong sweetheart?" Ruel asks softly.

I shake my head again. "I c-can't do it."

He frowns. "Don't say that Ava. What did I tell you yesterday? You're gonna go out there and do amazing, with me right next to you." By now everyone else left to give us some privacy. "Don't think about all the people that will be watching."

"But what if I mess up?" I whisper.

He tucks my hair behind my ear. "You won't, I promise."

"Two minutes." Mark pops his head in to say before disappearing.

I swallow my nerves and sigh. "Okay."

Ruel raises an eyebrow. "Okay?"

I nod so he leans down and gives me a quick kiss.

As we're walking closer to the stage, the screams get louder. Ruel's hand tightens around mine, sensing me tense up.

"You ready?" Mark asks.

Ruel glances at me and nods.

I send him a small smile. "Good luck."

He grins and kisses my cheek before walking out onto the stage as the first song starts, making the fans go crazy.

[]

"If you follow me on social media then you'd know that I have a special surprise for you all tonight." His words make the crowd cheer. He glances at me with a smile. "That very special surprise is my girlfriend, Ava Johnson." I wince as the loudness in the room starts to hurt my ears.

Ruel walks over and holds his hand out for me to grab. I reluctantly do so and follow him onto the stage. We stop right in the middle and I giggle nervously. Wow, there's a lot of people.

"Hi."

I blush when everyone screams loudly after I speak.

"We're gonna be singing a cover that we've been working on for weeks now. Something I think you all will enjoy." He takes a couple steps away. "Right, let's get started."