Chapter 1

Kaitelyn.

Kaitlan.

Kaitleen.

Kaitlin.

Kaitlinn.

Kaitlyn.

Kaitlyne.

Kaitlynn.

Kaitlynne.

Guess how my almost-copy's name is spelled. Do you find it easy? Or do you think it's anything but? Though, I bet you are highly confused.

And yeah, you are.

Ok, since you're not able to spell it, I'll reveal you the real spelling. It's none of those. It's Kaytlyn. K-A-Y-T-L-Y-N. But call her Kae or KK (first and middle name initials) just for her sake. Kaytlyn is too "plain" for a crazy type like her.

I have yet another almost-copy, Kealsea. K-E-A-L-S-E-A. But you have to call her Kell. Again, Kealsea is too bland for a tough girl like her.

Finally, there is Kinleigh, my third almost-copy. K-I-N-L-E-I-G-H. Please call her... Kinleigh. She doesn't have a nickname. She is too plain for having one.

The last one is me. Kyla, or Ky to friends. If you don't know how to spell my name, you're over with me!

Ok, I am too crazy for any of your liking. And why do I define my quadruplet sisters "almost-copy"? After all we are completely different, something everyone already knows.

***

We all attend the local high school, and we are all in junior year. And, since we are in junior year, we have to attend advanced Health and Body courses. I don't like the idea of doing so. The teacher usually talks about pregnancy and digestion in a creepy way. But, since she is our teacher, we have to bear with her.

As soon we all head to Health class, we reach it and take a seat. Later on, Leanna comes in. She suddenly says,  "Today we are starting a very special project."

(Leanna is the Health and Body teacher. Unless I have to talk directly to her - Ms McCanna - I just refer to her just with her name)

"Which one?" asks Faeryn, who is my very best friend, excluding Kae and the others.

"The Baby Project." Leanna's smile is so creepy that I wonder what on hell is going on.

Faeryn and a couple of other students stare at each other. Kae stares at Kinleigh, and viceversa. Kell, who is usually pretty tough, is trembling like jelly.

On the other hand, I'm speechless. Leanna is facing us with the infamous Baby Project, like this was such easy. But I am just not ready for handling my own child, nor do I want to deal with a stupid doll! My sisters and I are anything but excited.

"Ehm, Miss McCanna..." asks Kae hesitantly, "do we have to take care of ugly... dolls?"

"No way!" is the teacher's reaction. She is giggling and squealing like a baby. "You are gonna take care of real children."

Are you kidding? I am just sixteen! I am not ready for raising a real child!

"Ok, students, I'll get the pairs."

I am so distracted that I wish I couldn't hear most of the pairs, until I hear the teacher calling Kell. "Kealsea, you'll be paired up with... Scott."

She has to admit that Scott is not bad, despite his reputation as a wallflower and an outsider. He never has a sort of real communication with anyone.