Episode 0: New World

It's an amazing summer morning, the sun peeking into the room from behind the curtain. Birds chirping outside. Slowly opening my eyes I stared at the ceiling with my eyes tracing the odd patterns up there. Blinking a few time to realize its Saturday and the newest episode of Yu-Gi-Oh Vrains is about to air. Getting out of bed I quickly grab hold of my deck and ran to the living room.

Holding my dark magician deck in my right hand and my left hand gripping my Yuma style key which is basically Yuma's golden key but silver and with a small diamond on top. The key is very important to me for the same reason Yuma cares for his key. This silver key was given to me by my older brother that is in the military, he's deployed at the moment and this key was all he gave me before leaving.

(Here's a picture of the key)

Walking into the living room I sat down and eagerly turned the TV on

Walking into the living room I sat down and eagerly turned the TV on. I still had 30 minutes till the new episode comes on so the show before just so happens to he Yu-Gi-Oh, the first one. I have been a big fan of this series for the longest time, ever since I was a little girl. The intro of the original Yu-Gi-Oh opening played and it brought so much nostalgia. Closing my eyes I gripped my deck and listen. My emotions of love and admiration for the game and show overflowed me. Unaware to me, my silver key gave off a soft glow and with that, I passed out.

Waking up I was sitting against a wall in an ally with my arms around a black backpack with a symbol of blue eyes white dragon on it.

Rubbing my eyes I looked around. Everything looked different, where exactly am I, and why is it so noisy. Covering my ears I looked off to the right only to see a busy street.

"Huh?" I stared at the people walking by, no one seems to notice me which I don't really mind since I was in a dark ally. But the people looked...animated.

Looking back down to my lap, seeing the backpack I opened it. I see my deck, a few binders, textbooks, pens, two water bottles, three granola bars, my cellphone, and metal box with the picture of Seto Kaiba on it. Pulling it out I see a whole bunch of other duel cards. Upon farther analysis, I realized that it was my other spellcasters, spell, and trap cards that aren't in my deck.

Putting it back I zippered up my backpack and stood up. On reflex, my left hand went up to my chest to grip my silver key. Looking down at it I saw that it to was animated, along with my hands.

Looking down at myself I had on the school uniform, which to my surprise was the same as which the girls in the first Yu-Gi-Oh wear. Pink blazer, white undershirt, blue skirt, long white socks that stop just above my knees, and brown shoes.

Finding a broken mirror on the ground I saw my face, I had mid-length hair that was ash brown on top and honey brown at the bottom, I also have dark brown eyes. Guess my appearance didn't change much.

Walking out onto the street I see other teen girls with their uniform on walking towards what I think is school

That's right was 6:00 AM when I woke up, pulling out my phone it was 6:15 AM...then an unknown sense of urgency erupted in me...I'm gonna be late...late for what.

I was so lost in thought until I felt a tap on my shoulder. Looking up I say a girl with blue eyes and blonde hair, and she's wearing the schools uniform.

"Hey, you better hurry you're gonna be late for school" with that she ran off. Gripping my key I decided to follow her but kept my distance.

•••••

Leaning against a wall at the entrance of the high school I was catching my breath. That was a long run, and how did that girl keep on running.

I sighed and stood up to see a teacher walking towards me.

"Glad you made it on time Ms.Shadows come with me" he turned around and began walking inside. I followed until we reached a classroom.

"Stay out here till I call you alright," he said, I merely nodded and held onto my backpack straps gripping them tightly.

"Ok everyone settle down, settle down we have a new student joining us today" whispers erupted between the students "please come on in Ms.Shadows" I never truly question but, how did he know my name...all well.

Walking in I took a look around the classroom and I eminently recognized Yugi, Joey, Tristan, Teá, bakura, and seto.
Standing in front of the class I simply smiled.

"Please, introduce yourself," the teacher said.

"Hello, my name is Icarus Shadows and umm I love playing duel monsters" this caught the attention of two people, one was Yugi who seemed to smile and the other was Seto, he was interested in a moment before brushing it off and went back to his book.

"Very well, you may sit in anywhere you like" and with that, the teacher left the classroom to fetch the teacher's study guide from the break room.

There were three open seats, two near Yugi and his friend the other near seto. Smiling I went to the one next to seto. Sitting down a turned to him.

Noticing my stare he looked up at me with a glare.
"What" he unemotionally said.

Holding out my hand I spoke" I'm Icarus, nice to meet you, hope we can be friends"

Seto scoffed and turned back into his book.

"Ma, don't worry about it girl sit next to us. Kaiba is a jerk" looking up both me and Seto saw who spoke, it was Joey.

Before seto had a chance to speak I stood up.
"What's your name" I spoke coldly

Joey noticed my change in tone and visibly shivered. Don't get me wrong, I love joey he's cool but I hate that he speaks so bad towards him.

"I'm Joey Wheeler " he finally said in a slightly scared voice.

"Well Wheeler, thanks for the offer but I'll choose where to sit and decide who to speak to. Understand" I sat back down and noticed seto looking at me before turning his head back towards his book.

Joey grumbled a bit while his friends laughed at him. I'll apologise to him later.

Pulling out my deck I started looking over my cards, also making sure that Yugi didn't see just in case he walks up to me for a duel.

"Hey" looking to my right I saw seto. He was eyeing me than my cards.
"Hm" I responded
"Let's duel sometimes, I can tell you have some skill based on your deck" with that he turned back to his book and I giggled.
"Yeah sure"

The world if Yu-Gi-Oh isn't that bad...but how long will I be here till I somehow return home. Gripping my key I sighed, hopefully very soon.