twelve

I'm awoken by the light glinting through my blinds across my eyes. The smell of food and voices from downstairs pulls me to get out of bed.

I climb down the ladder of my loft bed and quickly put on some clothes I pause for just a moment to glance around my grey room.

It's rather large, but not so large it's uncomfortable. On the outside wall there is a window with a windowseat underneath for reading.

to one side of the window is my loft bed piled with pillows and blankets and under the bed is my desk, holding a slim, silver, laptop that Tyler bought for me.

There are several jars full of pencils and a notepad set on it.

on the wall behind the desk there is a bulletin board with only one photo hung on it a polaroid of me and my best friend Sarah. in the picture we're sharing a single towel and in our swimming suits at the public pool.

I smile thinking about that day.

I glance around at the other walls all empty, except for a vanity, dresser, and closet on the wall opposite to the bed and window.

The walls to my right and left are bare.

A sudden loud alarm goes off and I jump. The smoke alarm. I leave my room and rush downstairs to find Josh trying desperately to turn off the alarm and Tyler just staring horrified at what I assume was eggs.

I have to cover my mouth to prevent myself from laughing, his face is just to funny! I walk up behind him and surprise him by jumping onto his back and clinging on like a spider monkey. 

He jumps and tells me to get off him but I just cling on tighter.

He calls Josh to come help him now that the alarm has stopped but Josh just laughs and says it's not his problem.

Tyler continues to struggle but calls to Josh over his shoulder, "Josh, You're out of the band".

A/N sorry about the grammar mistakes in the last chapter, I wrote it at one am while at a sleepover. It's been fixed so you can go back and read it again if you like!