Chapter 5. Message

Start from the beginning

            I felt someone grab my arm and drag me down into the crypt. When I got down I found that it was lit with an old lantern and several candles, Hex closed the opening to the crypt. Corey still had his hand on my arm.

            “They are going to find us,” I said my voice rising with hysteria.

            “It’s going to be okay,” Corey murmured and hugged me, I didn’t hug him back.

            “What does the letter say?” Hex asked. Corey let go of me and I opened the letter.

            “It doesn’t say anything,” I gaped.

            “They must have set us up,” Hex growled.

            “Um… I did say when I found you guys that I saw it on the TV,” Corey said.

            “Well I didn’t hear you,” Hex snapped, “who are you?”

            “My name is Corey Matthews,” Corey replied.

            “Hex Green,” Hex introduced herself, “How do you know him?”

            “He walked into my house two weeks ago,” I replied.

            “And you trust him,” Hex scoffed.

            “I’m right here,” Corey grumbled.

            Hex turned faced Corey, “how can I forget?”

            “What’s that supposed to mean?” Corey demanded.

            “Forget it,” Hex snapped.

            “Wow someone is a cranky bit-”

            “So how long have you been here?” I asked Hex cutting Corey off.

            “Ever since the invasion,” Hex replied.

            “Tell me what happened, oh well your story,” I suggested.

            Hex walked over and sat on a stone coffin, Corey sat on the ground and I sat next to him. That seemed to make Hex angry but she didn’t say anything.

            “Well, you should remember that we were planning a trip to the waterfall that day but you couldn’t come. Anyway we had just reached the waterfall when the spaceships began flying over; I knew something was wrong, so I began running. May and Stella ran and hid behind the cave in the waterfall but I knew we needed some where good to hide. The others stayed frozen in their places except for Luke he ran towards the old mine.

            “I followed him but he was already in the mine. I was going to warn him that the mine was a dangerous place to hide, but he was the least of my concerns. I wanted to run back in town to find the rest of my family but the spaceships suddenly stopped in the sky. I looked up at the sun and I realized that it was twelve o’clock; I had been running around in a frenzy for an hour. I found the old crypt and hid in here; I came back out at night and began walking back to town.

            “I had to come back here because hunters were coming towards me,” Hex said.

            “How did you see the message in the sky today?” Corey asked.

            Hex glared at him but answered his question, “I was outside in the forest.”

            “At least you can live with us now,” I said.