Chapter 6

Hey guys, the pic is of Jordyn, so now you finally get a face to the name ;)

The green dragon shot an Earth bullet at a distant rock. It skimmed by his target, crashing into the ground. The dragon roared in frustration.

"This is stupid! I'll never get this right!" he stomped his paw into the ground, sending pieces of the ground flying into the air. It had been a week since they started training. Ryo had perfected all kinds of combat and can do just about anything in the air now. His elemental training however, didn't come as naturally.

"Not if you keep thinking like that, you won't." Jordyn stepped beside him. She looked closely at the stone and where the bullet landed. "You're aiming a bit too far to the right. Try moving to the left a step and try again."

Ryo did as he was told and tried again, this time hitting the target directly in the center. The stone burst on impact. His eyes lit up in delight.

Jordyn nodded. "See? You just aim too far into your strong side." She grinned mischievously. "And to think when we first started, you could barely swing your tail."

The dragon smiled sheepishly. "Really? I don't remember being THAT bad." He looked into the distance and his expression turned serious. "I want to test the darkness."

Jordyn looked nervously at the dragon. "I don't think its a good idea. Not yet."

The dragon turned to face her. "But I'm ready. I know I am."

Jordyn hesitated and shook her head. "I can't let you do it yet. You're not strong enough." Ryo snorted angrily at this. "If something happens to you I can't help you. You aren't ready for something like that." She started walking away. "That's enough for today."

The dragon closed his eyes. His body glowed for a moment then disappeared. In its place was the normal human form of Ryo. He opened his eyes and ran to catch up to Jordyn. "Hey, wait up!"

When he caught up to her, she seemed lost in thought. He thought she looked upset about something.

"What's wrong?" he asked.

Jordyn snapped out of her thoughts. "Huh? What did you say?" she asked in confusion.

"I asked if something was wrong."

"What? No, nothing's wrong." She looked away. "Why'd you ask?"

Ryo shrugged. "I don't know it just seems like you're upset about something."

Jordyn shook her head. "No, I'm fine. You just reminded me of someone I knew a long time ago." Ryo noted the hint of longing in her voice. She shook her head again. "But that's not important. Not anymore."

Ryo tried to change the subject. "Well, I was wondering if you could help me study." He prayed she didn't notice his cheeks burning. "You know, for final exams? You helped me out a lot last time."

Jordyn smiled at his nervousness but didn't let him know it was showing. "Sure, why not?"

They sat down on the grass near the stream with the roof pouring light in. They began studying for awhile before they got off track and started joking around. The two of them started a game where each of them took turns telling something they've never told anyone before.

"Okay, okay," Ryo tried to calm down from laughing so hard. "Your turn."

Jordyn shook her head. "Wait are you telling the truth?" she asked, still laughing. "You really had short hair once?"