"Soccer is stupid. You are not going to make it big like your father. You need to come to New York with me. Learning the business is crucial. You are coming home." She repeated.

"No mom. You agreed to let me be in Stanford for school. After graduation, if I didn't make it big, I told you i'd run the business. Why are you breaking that promise?" I asked, my voice rising. I'm sure dad would be furious if he finds out about her ending our deal short. He believed I could be as great as him and I will be!

"Colton, you suddenly care about love and say money has no importance. This Faith girl has your mind all twisted. She is only with you for our wealth. The sooner you end this relationship, the sooner you'll see the truth. Now, I have an important meeting to attend. I will call you tomorrow." She hissed.

"Whatever." I spat. I glared at the flat screen.

"Colton Ashwood." She threatened. I rolled my eyes.

"Goodbye mother." I said before hanging up. I sighed, letting my body drop back onto the mattress. How did this trip suddenly turn sour? And, why was my mom being such a bitch now?

"Colton, everything okay?" Justin asked, gaining my attention. I looked up before letting my head drop back down. He must have heard my voice getting louder. My room was probably next to his.

"No." I replied. I wanted to be fuming, but I guess I was more just disappointed now. I didn't think my mom would react that way. I honestly thought she'd be happy that I was in love. That I actually cared about school and I was trying to excel. I'm in shock that she doesn't care. Mothers are supposed to be excited for their kids. They are supposed to be there for them and encourage them, not demand they give up on their hopes and dreams.

"They went to the beach." Justin interrupted my inner rant.

"Who?" I asked. I didn't bother to look up. I was emotionally drained from that conversation. All I wanted was a beer.

"Wes, Aly, and Faith." Justin elaborated. I sighed. Thoughts of Faith invaded my brain. I guess the main reason why I was fighting all this was because I wanted to be with her. I wanted to stay with her. Living in Texas and New York was not where I wanted to be. I wanted to stay here and live life like I want to. And if that meant I was going to have to fight for what I want, then so be it.

"Let's go." I said sitting up. I walked over to my duffel bag and pulled out my swim trunks. I also grabbed a tee for the beach.

"So eager." Justin teased. I rolled my eyes.

"What? Can't I be excited to see my girl?" I joked.

"Now this is the Colton we all know and love." Justin sang. I slipped off my shirt and tossed it at him. "Hey!"

"Just because you haven't found the love of your life doesn't mean you have to be mean." I scolded. Justin laughed before shutting up.

"Wait. You love her?" Justin asked. I felt myself subconsciously smile.

"Yeah. I love Faith Baxter. I really do." I revealed.

"Never thought i'd hear those words come from you man." Justin explained.

"Neither did I. Who knew that the sassy girl who scolded me for smelling like booze would be the one. Faith has a way of working things out." I laughed at my pun.

"That wasn't very punny." Justin responded. I rolled my eyes as Justin began to chuckle.

"Go change J. We have a beach to get to." I ordered. Justin waved his hand and walked out of the room. He then walked back and popped his head into the room.

"You know what I just remembered." Justin mentioned.

"Hmm." I hummed. I grabbed my dirty shirt and threw it into the closet. It was going to be my hamper for the weekend. I then slipped off my jeans. Justin shut his eyes as I changed into my swim trunks.

"The first night you met Faith, you mentioned that you were going to teach her how to live, yet she taught you how to love." He explained. I was stunned.

"You're right man. I guess that's life with Colton." I joked. Justin sighed before walking out of the room. I suddenly had this dying need to see my girl and tell her what she taught me. Now, I just have to teach her how to live.

~~~~~
I hate myself for taking so long to update but inspiration hadn't struck plus work has been keeping me busy & I have discovered the app Episode once again. So, I have dedicated my time to that. Anyway, I got home from work tonight (June 21st, 2019 at 11pm) and was in the kitchen drinking chocolate milk when it hit. And now we are here.
I pray that my writer's block doesn't occur again because my summer is going to end soon. I think this story has about 10-15 more chapter, depending on the word count. I hope that I can finish it in about a month. Cross your fingers!
xoxo,
Liv814