2-Where's Fury?

We head back to the compound, and park the car. "Take it, see what Bruce can do, I'm going to go find Steve, he may want to know about what is happening in the city" I tell her as I toss her the pager.

"You two behave" she smirks at me. I just smile back as walk around the compound looking for him, finally finding him out on the grounds staring up at the now night sky.

"Hey" I say as I link my arm into his, leaning my head against his shoulder.
"How did it go?" he asks me.
"Not good, its chaos in the city, people need an explanation as to what is happening. I had to stop some people from destroying a shop" i explain to him.

"And Fury, Maria?" he asks and I just shake my head indicating we lost them too.
"I'm sorry Cassandra, have you heard from your grandmother, or your friend umm Alex was it?" he asks me.
"Alex no" I say and my face saddens as I think about my Grandmother. "I lost her, uh, a year ago" I tell him as I try not to cry.

"I'm so sorry Cassandra, I wish I had been here for you" he tells me kissing the top of my head.
"I know, it's okay. Her visions started to become too much  and her body couldn't hold out anymore" I explain to him.

"What about yours I can't imagine the strain you had been under the past two years" he says to me.
"It got bad, some nights I would wake up screaming, James and Vision would always come to check on me. I think they scared Tony the most, since he felt guilty for well, you know" I say to him.

"Yeah I know" he says as we look up at the stars, and I see a shooting star.
"Is it wrong to want to make a wish" I say to him.
"We could use a wish or two" He says and I close my eyes making a heartfelt wish for all of this to work out.

"What did you wish for?" Steve asks me.
"I can't tell, then it won't come true" I smile up at him saying.
"Can I tell you what I wish?" he asks me.
"It might not come true" I say to him.
"This is my wish, well, not having none of our friends with us, but you and me finally together again" he says.

"I've wanted this for so long too Steve, and I meant what I said in Wakanda. I do want to marry you, but now I'm not sure we should, at least not until we have everyone back" I say to him.
"I know, I just really wish we could" he says as he takes out the ring box he had sent me a few years ago.
"How, about I wear it, and we just have a very long extended engagement" I say as he opens the box, taking the ring out, he gently places the ring on her finger, and we then kiss.