Day 1: A Hello Haiku

Hello, Earthlings, extraterrestrials, and everything in-between!

We at the Science Fiction profile are happy to announce the start of another Science Fiction Week!

Before we dive in, here are a few rules to keep in mind:

1. Please be respectful towards each other and keep the interaction positive.

2. Leave all interactions in one single comment (unless stated otherwise) in the comment section of the active and/or relevant chapter.

3. Please ensure you read the prompt properly to avoid spoiling the fun for folk coming into the fray after you.

4. Also, remember this is a community profile, so let's try to keep it PG-13.

Now, are you ready for seven fun-filled days of writing prompts and activities?

Huh? What was that? I don't speak Vulcan...

***

To flex our writing muscles in preparation for the upcoming week, our first activity is going to be a haiku.

What is a haiku?

A form of poetry that originated in Japan.

It consists of three lines. The first line usually contains five syllables, the second line contains seven, and the third line contains five again.

Think of a sandwich. Mmmm!

Now I want you to write a haiku about your favorite science fiction novel, TV show, or movie.

(Then name it, so we know what you're talking about).

Here's an example:

Lost in this darkness
of strange and familiar things
All I want is home

-Stranger Things

Have fun! Can't wait to see your haikus!