Chapter 3 - Thunder and lightning (Re-edited)

His face is has been completely mutalated. He doesn't even look human any more. Nails or rather claws have been evidently driven deep into the flesh of his right check, running from his mouth and overlaps into the neck a little. There's crusty blood around it. The top left side of his head has a huge bulge on it that appears to be a bruise. He's very dark skinned unlike me but if he wasn't then I think half of his head would be dark purplish. I look at his arms. The left arm has three claw marks which have pierced directly into his skin, they're slightly smaller than the ones on his cheeks but I imagine it hurts as much maybe even more. Blood still trickles from it.

'wh? What happened? What's goh....?' I mumble but lose the rest of my words. My breaths are heavy, even more than when I get bad P.E. grades. He looks down, not in shame but looks like he's about to cry.

I pull my-self together and this time the words sound like an order. 'What the fuck's going on' I exclaim.

He looks up from the floor to the wound on my leg.

'Where's mu..... Aunt' I say as my word stumble.

'I don't know' He replies with a tight expression on his face.

'What do you mean you don't know?' I say harshly. 'Where's Uncle Kevin?'

'We have to find them'

'What. Are they lost or something?' I reply sarcastically

Silence falls. I feel so awkward. I've never been like this to my cousin before and he has never been like that towards me. I feel so embarrassed but I needed to know what's going on. In fact I'm not even sure that he even knows.

The crash of thunder disturbs the super awkward situation of mine and is hastily followed by lighting in the now fairly dark sky. Its rain season here in Thailand. One minute it could be sunny the next thunder and lighting, but it will always be hot. I remember the old times when I was a little baby - around about the age of 2-4. Every time that thunder stroke I used to duck my aunts sewing machine for protection. She always comforted me while she was sewing, never told me to F'off or to grown up. Right now that's exactly what I want to do.

I smile. Au stares at me oddly like I'm some freak. Yes I am in some ways I suppose.

'Sorry' I mutter softly.

He lets out a tight smile but it still warms me. He walks to the door and opens it calmly. The sound of rain hits my ears. He steps onto the balcony of the flat and holds out his left arm and washes the blood off it. I follow him out just after seeing that and stand beside him.

'It'll get infected'

Silence.

'Doesn't matter' he says as the rain that drops onto him flies down to the ground in a deep poisonous red colour.

'Well okay, better than you looking like an inflated hot air balloon I suppose'.

'Better than your monkey face' he says thinly then gives me a smile which I return.

'Do you know where they are, honestly?'

'No' he replies

I hear the sound of a phone ring against the now gentle trickles of the rain.

'Hello?' my cousin answers.

'Yes, I am'

'What?'

'Oh, Sorry? which Hospital?'

'Okay we'll be there as soon as possible, thank you'.

I only hear his side of the conversation but hearing hospital can't be good, so I ask, 'Who was that' I say firmly as I can but letting a worried tone.

'It's Aunt Sue'. Tears alight in his eyes.