After shaking both of their hands we all stand there awkwardly, my uncomfortableness growing by the second. "Is now a good time, because I can come back." I offer, already going to pull my keys back out. 

"No, it's great." Gabe says, grabbing my arm. "Adults are just weird."

"Gabriel Michael, I'm going to pretend you didn't just say that." His aunt threatens as she walks to her car.

Following him through the house, I can't help but hold onto the feeling that his mom's watching me. Once he shuts his bedroom door I begin to relax, no longer having an audience.

Using a moment to collect myself I glance around his room, posters of basketball players and pictures spread throughout. A signed Steph Curry jersey in a box, hanging up for everyone to see. I'm only slightly jealous to notice it's personalized. Pictures of what I'm assuming to be a younger Sage and Scarlett are up with Gabe, toothy grins and dirt covered faces.

My eyes stop on a picture of all the Rhodes kids roughly five years younger with Gabe, a teenage girl and two guys laughing with the kids in their arms. "Who are they?"

He looks up from untangling the ps4 controllers, "The mixed guy in the middle is my cousin, Drew, his mom was who you met. The guy to his right is Emmy and to the left is Manny, his sister."

"You don't have any siblings?" I find myself asking, Gabe and I haven't really had any in-depth conversations yet.

"No, it's just me." He admits, focusing on the image. "But my cousins are good enough. Drew's like my older brother, we do everything together, and then I have three more that live in Georgia- Jovie, Gentry, and Garner."

He points to another image with three red headed kids piled on top of Drew along with him. "So you missed the family hair?"

He laughs, "Yeah, no one got upset Drew missed the fire hair but man, Jovie used to want to kill me for having normal hair compared to hers."

I can't help but laugh along trying to imagine him with flaming locks instead of his caramel color that charms all the ladies.

"So your cousin, he's engaged?" I recall the mentioning of a ring and an overly excited mother.

"Not yet, he's been dating Manny for two years. He's planning on popping the question in a few weeks when we go skiing."

Wait a second, "How old are they?"

He shrugs, "21, they both go the Belmont."

"He wants to get married so young, and they've only been together for two years. So much could change, why risk it?" I blurt out, panicking for this couple I don't even know.

Gabe gives me an amused look, "You truly have no faith in relationships, do you?"

"They haven't proven to be a solid thing in my life, no." Mom and Dad are happy, but they were older. Mom went through hell in a young relationship and had me as a constant reminder. My father bounced from girlfriend to girlfriend depending on who was willing to take him in, there's never been a good example.

"I have a feeling that's going to change but it's okay, don't worry about them. Drew's been in love with Manny since middle school. Why, I have no idea. They have nothing in common but somehow they've convinced me they're made for each other." He tells me, a sappy smile glued to his face.

Part of me wonders if that's true, if you can honestly have that one person for you, no questions asked. The other side of me is trying to piece this guy together. "So let me get this straight. You're a player who flirts with everyone and anyone, and you're a closeted romantic who believes in love."