Chapter Thirteen - Shots Fired

Start from the beginning

"H-Harry. S-stay away from him. H-he's a d-dangerous man, h-he'll kill y-you!" he loudly whispers, his voice hoarse and weak. 

The escalade pulls up right behind the squad car and slowly, the man opens the driver side door. His black keds hit the ground and his black leather jacket clanks with the movement of his body.

The door slams shut and I finally see the mysterious man's face.

He looks oddly familiar.

"Hello, Harry. Good to see you again." He says, menacingly. 

I stare at him, confused on how this man knows my name. He walks towards me as he glares at me up and down. He reaches his left hand into his pocket and flicks open a knife while his right hand brings out a black PM9 pocket pistol from his back pocket. 

"What's wrong Harry? Don't remember me?" He smirks at me and rolls his eyes. 

"Oh my God." I breath out. 

Ava's P.O.V.

I run as fast as I can to get as far away from Zayn and that god awful whore house he created. 

I slow my pace down, seeing as the house isn't in my view anymore. I know I won't be safe for long, but I can at least catch my breath and let my weak limbs rest for a while. 

I decide to take the sidewalks that are the busiest because I don't want anyone noticing me. I walk through the streets, staring at the beautiful window decorations and smelling the wonderful aroma of fresh coffee and baked goods.

The wind has picked up a bit but I am not complaining. The last time I was actually outside, enjoying the fall air was when I was ten years old. Now, here I am, ten excruciatingly long years later, I can finally breath again. 

As I continue my journey down to the police station to not only bust Zayn but also find Harry, I spot something odd in the alley way. I see a big, black car sticking out and panicked shouts coming from within. 

"Don't you remember me?" A husky voice asks.

"Wait a second." I think to myself. "I know that voice...oh my god" I mutter under my breath. 

As soon as I think I was clear from Zayn, I can hear his voice booming loudly, anger radiating off his thick British accent. 

I hurl my back against the brick wall and as slowly and quietly as I can, look around the corner to see what Zayn's doing. 

Zayn's stance is aggressive and meanicing as he glares at the person in front of him. The man stares back at him, trying so hard not to show his fear, but it's not hard to miss. 

As I take a closer look I notice that there's two cops, one standing outside arguing with Zayn, and a sillhouette of a cop in the car. The one talking to Zayn looks oddly familiar..

I rummage through the bag Louis had packed for me and come across a newspaper article. It was a headline of all the incoming policemen that were hired this year. 

I look at all the faces to see if the one arguing with Zayn is possibly in the paper. 

Suddenly, it hits me. 

"Holy shit!" I gasp a little too loudly. 

Before I can hide myself, Zayn turns around and stares at me dead in the eye. My blood runs cold, if looks could kill I would drop dead right now. 

"H-Harry?" I squeak. 

Harry looks at me with a shocked expression before he smiles a wide smile. It must be contagious because for the first time in years, I smile back. I feel releaved until my eyes glance over at Zayn, who is currently marching towards me with a gun in his hand. 

"Fuck!" I mutter. 

I dodge Zayn and run staright towards Harry. 

Harry grabs onto my waist and pulls me into a tight hug. His one arm is wrapped around my waist as his other comes up and craddles my head into his shoulder. 

"Ava. Oh my god, Ava! You're alive! God, you don't know how much I've missed you." He breaths into my hair, relief spreading from his body to mine. 

I shutter when I feel his warm breath hit my ear yet I'm extremely comfortable. I mold my body to his as I wrap my arms around his neck. 

"How lovely!" Zayn's voice interrupts. "I see I've interrupted a reunion" he says. 

I jump from the sound of his voice and Harry pulls away from me. I shiver at the loss of contact but we can make up for it later, right now we need to get rid of Zayn. Harry shoves me behind him and removes his gun from his holster. 

"I'm not going through this again, Zayn. I won't let you take her!" Harry shouts, aiming directly at Zayn's forehead. 

Zayn isn't affected by the gun and he laughs. A full force belly laugh is emerged from his throat as he also raises his gun. 

"Oh silly Harry. You know I won't go down without a fight." Zayn warns. 

Before Harry could comment, a deafening boom was heard.

Before I knew it, shots were being fired left and right.