Chapter Thirteen - Shots Fired

Harry's P.O.V. 

Niall and I finally get back into the car and head back to the office. I need to hurry up and go through all of Ava's files. 

need to find her! 

I turn left into traffic and notice a black escalade turn right behind us. 

"Is this car following us?" I think to myself. 

"Get over yourself, Harry. We're driving just like other cars do, he probably just needs to go somewhere in this direction" I shake it off and keep on driving. 

As I turn right, I notice the same car turn along with me. 

"I am so paranoid. Relax, Harry!" I tell myself. I take a deep breath and look in my review mirror and see them getting closer. 

I turn right again and the same car behind me, again! 

"Uh, Niall?" I ask, turning down the music Niall is singing along to.

"Hey! I know I'm not the best singer, but that was my jam!" Niall complains.

"Niall! shut up and look! I think someone's following us." I explain. 

Niall's face suddenly turns pale as a ghost. His eyes get wide and his hands start to shake.

"You ok?" I question. 

"U-uh, y-yeah, I'm fine. I think you're just being paranoid, that car isn't following us.." he stutters out. 

"What? Yes they are! You turned pale as soon as you saw the car. What's going on Niall? Is there something you're hiding from me?!" I interrogate. 

Before Niall could answer back, the escalade hit the squad car from behind, making Niall and I jerk forward. 

"What the fuck?? Still think they aren't out to get us?!" I question, my tone angry.

I speed up so I can give the escalade some distance and switch lanes. The car races forward, coming up next to the passanger side of the car. 

"Niall, take you're gun out. Don't shoot unless he threatens us again." I command Niall. 

He sits there, staring straight ahead, frozen. 

"Niall!!" I shout. 

"I-I can't, Harry. The driver...he's dangerous. H-he'll kill us!!" Niall cries.

"Niall snap out of it! We're cops for fucks sake! We can do this!" I shout, words of encouragement pouring out of my mouth even though I'm also shaking with fear.

 I try looking through the window of the other vehicle but the windows were tinted to complete darkeness. The driver crashes into the passenger side of the car,  knocking Niall's body towards me. I swerve towards the left before getting back onto the road. 

"Niall! Are you okay?" I asked, adrenaline rushing through me. 

Before Niall can respond, the escalade strikes into the side of the car again and I can't stop the car from swerving into an alley way. I slam on the breaks, hearing the screech from the tires before we come to an abrupt stop. 

Our breathing is heavy and ragged as we stare straight ahead, wondering where the mysterious car went. 

"Niall, Niall, are you ok?" I nudge Niall, seeing as he can barely keep his eyes open. 

"Niall, you gotta stay with me! I'm calling for backup now!" I scream, shaking Niall's shoulder aggressively. 

Niall groans in pain and forces his blue eyes open.