Chapter 2 for molly ☺️

I stir slightly hearing the familiar spanish guitar sounds of my alarm which had been All the pretty girls by Kaleo for the last 3 weeks. I stir a little bit and feel the fresh tingle of my shaven legs against the crispy white sheets my mom had kindly had washed for me. Flipping over onto my back to stare at the little chip in the white wall paper on the ceiling for a few seconds before hoisting myself up onto my arms and swinging my legs off the edge of the bed onto grey carpet of the apartment floor. My new room was a quite a lot bigger than my old one in Oregon, it was very clean too. It had to be or else we would have to pay for it to be fixed up, I wasn't aloud to put my photo wall up or posters incase it would damage the wall and I even had to be careful with plants or else the water might leak into the carpet an rot. So much to think about just to have a room that didn't feel dead.

My reflection greets me- staring into the mirror at my own stormy blue eyes, thick dark hair and a  scrawny (as I was used to hearing) undeveloped chest and body standing in a baggy shirt and pink and white pajama shorts. Good morning Max my brain grumbles into the mirror catching a glimpse of Chloe's smiling face in the photo in a box beside my mirror, a blue beard gracing her chin. "Such a dork" I giggle and let a smile cross my lips that quickly fades "I miss her so much..." I move myself over to my wardrobe, a stupidly oversized walk in for my three pairs of rundown shoes and too many damn graphic tees and geek references. Mom was pretty disappointed in my clothing taste I'm sure but I managed to MacGyver my way out of wearing her dress and high heel suggestions most of the time and she understood these days that my style consists of graphic tees and jeans only really making me dress up for weddings... and funerals.

Once I had showered and changed I headed into the kitchen for a quick breakfast. We have a minimalistic living room with high white walls balanced with plants and a few fine art prints graced by the view of Seattle. I still wasn't used to waking up to this new lifestyle, Be greatfull I can hear my mothers voice repeating in my head as I look out at the busy city lights, cars and people all over the place. I can't help but sigh. I miss chloe I miss, trees and deer and my hockey team and cheap diner food! my mouth waters at the thought of Joyce's bigfoot omelettes and I try to snap myself out of it deciding to get changed into my uniform for school.

I head into the kitchen and swing open the pantry grabbing at my favourite cereal and sighing in relief the one thing that doesn't change no matter where I am... it almost feels comforting to know Chloe is probably eating the same cereal back in Arcadia. After a not so filling breakfast of sugary cereal I grab my backpack from the floor, place an apple in my mouth and head out the door, down the elevator and to my bus stop where I waited to catch my bus to school.