"Genthburn."

You shrugged to symbolize that you didn't know where the city was and then shoved the map against his bare chest, glaring back up at him. He growled and grabbed the map, looking down at it again as he scanned the paper, glancing up at you once more. He spoke a word you understood, but his voice was husky and language more broken than yours.

"Genthburn?"

"Y-Yes! Genthburn, where- locate, uh- find!"

Your eyes widened with hope as he looked back at the map, shaking his head and squatting to the ground. He set the map on the forest floor and pointing to your village, dragging his finger along the entire edge and eventually off the map onto the dirt. He looked back up at you and poked the ground, making sure you knew what he meant, and you sighed.

"Seriously? It's off map?! But...but this is a world map; it should have everything!"

You groaned louder and crouched next to him, staring at the now useless map before asking again.

"Troughtpond?"

The boy laughed and pointed to the farthest corner of the map, circling a small river with his finger before dragging it all the way down to the bottom of the paper, once again moving it off onto the dirt. Your heart felt heavy and sank in your chest, sighing in defeat as you grabbed the map and angrily folded it, shoving back into your pocket. The map was utterly useless, you weren't even on it anymore! What were you supposed to do? Just keep, traveling with this boy?

You watched him as he stood up and began to follow him again, your mind flooding with thoughts of what you were going to do. The war was still going on, getting worse, and you were lost in the world with a boy who you couldn't even properly talk to. Your village needed you, and you were letting them down. You weren't a hero, you weren't going to save your people. You abandoned them when they were at their weakest, and for what, a chance to see the world or a short period of glory?

Eventually the forest thinned and the two hunters made it out into the bright fields. The path grew wider and more visible, surrounded by miles of tall flowing grass. You squinted in the light and shielded your eyes, feeling a bit better as the sun shown onto your (S/T) skin. Your companion kept walking and you once again had to jog to catch up, panting slightly as your ankle started to burn from last night. After another half hour of walking in a straight line, you came to a crossroads, and immediately perked up. You ran over to the sign and leaned up to read it, brushing your fingers over the old etched in text.

"Poen...Kits...Diatrone...shit, none of these places are even close to Genthburn!"

You shouted in annoyance and kicked the post, throwing your fist against it as you looked over at the blonde, who was staring off down another long road. You stepped over to him and pointed angrily at the signs, demanding he help you learn where you were at, or at least give a direction of where to go. He scoffed and your eye twitched, growing tired of the unknown as you frowned, turning your hand into a fist. You moved it towards him, slamming it against his chest and grit your teeth, growling under your breath as his expression changed from amusement to irritation. He quickly grabbed your wrist and ripped it away from his body, tugging you back a bit as he growled animalistically, tightening his grip and making you winced. You tried to pull your arm away and pushed at his forearm, only to have that arm restrained as well.

Now you were completely immobilized, having both arms held up by the boy with his piercing red eyes glaring down at you. You grit your teeth and barked up at him, trying not to show intimidation.

"What are you going to do huh? Let me go! I'll find my own way, get the hell away from me!"

He shouted back at you in his own language and threw your arms down, making you stagger back to catch your balance. The blonde ruffled his hair for a second before turning around to pace, contemplating what he should do as he muttered loudly to himself. You began to contemplate as well, glancing towards the tall grass fields that went well over your head. You could walk well enough, but anything faster than a jog would ruin your barely healed ankle, and he would catch up to you in an instant. The grass would hide you, but he seemed like a good hunter, would it hide you well enough?

With his back turned to you, you swallowed your nerves and dove into the grass, trying to quickly walk through the field. After hearing him shout again you picked up the pace, jogging as fast as you could while trying to hold back any sounds of pain. Your ankle burned and a shockwave of pain forced you to the ground, and you laid flat. You held your breath and listened for any sound of him, but heard none. Your heart raced and beat against your chest as you sat up slowly, attempting to get up before hearing a loud ringing whistle. What was that? After a few seconds, the wind picked up, and you stumbled to your feet, once again traversing through the tall grass. The breeze was so strong it almost knocked you over, but it didn't. What did knock you over, however, was the rumble of the ground as you tripped and fell into an open area.

"A...An earthquake? What was th-"

Your eyes looked up and came face to face with a large red eyeball, squinting back at you. Your (E/C) eyes widened and you crawled backwards, taking in the site in front of you.

"D-Dr-Dragon-"

A large red Dragon perched itself against the ground, screeching quietly as you screamed, loudly. The boy you were with raced into the flattened area and glared at you, walking towards you as if the giant beast wasn't even there. You shook your head and pointed at the dragon, glancing between the boy and the monster behind him. Your words caught in your throat out of both fear and amazement, gasping for breath as he reached for you. Suddenly your mind went blank and you passed out, the shock from seeing a dragon, a real living dragon finally hitting you. Your body hit the ground and the last thing you saw was both the dragon and the hunter looming over you.