Chapter Sixty-Four

"Right," Sophie said, rubbing her hands together. "Food, cake, nail polish, Firewhiskey. I think we've got it all."

"I call red and gold!" Mika called out from the kitchen, and Sophie rolled her eyes. Titania quietly picked out the bright red and gold shimmer, setting them at Mika's unofficially designated spot.

"Geez, I wonder why," Sophie said dryly, before picking up yellow and light blue. "D'you think these would work well together?"

"I think they look great, Sophie," Titania laughed, looking at the range of colors. "Hm, what do you think suites me today?"

"You should do something really crazy!" Mika exclaimed, settling down, the food and drinks arranged around her. "Something you would never ever do otherwise, but also something that would look great on you."

"Black and green it is!" Titania laughed, choosing the emerald green out. "I don't think I've ever had black nail polish on, actually."

"Then you should definitely do it! A match made in heaven." Sophie held out her hand, scrutinizing the colors against the flickering fire.

"Speaking of matches made in heaven..." Mika said, wiggling her eyes at Sophie who blushed. "When d'you think Fitch will propose?"

Sophie dropped the yellow and started swearing. "Mika! Why would you say that!"

"She has a point," Titania commented, trying to keep her hands steady. "You two are in so much love it's ridiculous. Honestly, the amount of lovey dovey stuff we're put through whenever you two are in the same room is near ridiculous."

Sophie huffed. "If you really wanna know, we have discussed it. But, that doesn't mean it's happening anytime soon!"

"Sure." Mika dragged the word out. "Because both you and Fitch are patient people."

Titania laughed under Sophie's glare. "Admit it, Sophie. You and Fitch are head over heels in love. I almost want to propose for him."

"Hmph." Sophie grabbed a glass and filled it with firewhiskey. "Something tells me I'm going to need this tonight."

"What do your parents say about Fitch, Sophie?" Titania asked, trying not to let her hand shake. "Or have you even told them?"

Sophie scoffed loudly and downed half her drink. "Obviously, they're thrilled. Did I tell you what they said about my new job?" She grabbed her wand and pointed to the hallway as Titania and Mika both shook their heads no. A couple of seconds later, a paper zoomed into Sophie's outstretched hand.

She cleared her throat and began to read it out loud. "We disapprove of your new job. Your talents could be put to much better use in St. Mungo's, actually helping people instead of spreading false rumors and lies. It seems that despite our best attempts, you have gone astray from our guidance. We love you, Sophie, but we highly advise you to break up with your boyfriend, move back home, and begin training as a Healer."

Titania's eyebrows could have high-fived the sky. "They really said that?" She exclaimed, "Merlin, your parents are terrible at support."

"Mine are doing the same thing here as well," Mika sighed, gently waving her hand to dry the polish. "To them, my success as a singer means people just like how I look and could care less about how I sound. They're honestly the worst."

"If we're comparing terrible parents, I think I win whatever prize comes with first place," Titania said dryly, and began ticking fingers off. "Death Eaters, murderers, blood purists, and they were thrown into Azkaban for torturing some poor people to insanity, among other crimes."