Chapter Thirty-Three

It was awkward making contact with Mika again, after she had collapsed in front of her. But Mika surprised Tania by rushing over to her and giving her a hug.

"Are you ok?" Fitch asked while Mike held on to Tania tightly. Tania slowly returned the hug and gave a nod.

"I'm better now," She replied.

"Oh, I was so worried that I had done something wrong! That I had caused you to get hurt." Mika said and squeezed her tighter.

"No, it wasn't your fault, I promise. It was because of something else." Tania replied, slowly trying to peel herself away from the hug before Mika crushed her.

Mika let go, her face still worried. "Is there anything I can do to help?"

"Well, actually," Sophie piped in, "The healer mentioned that it would be better for Ani to live with someone. We've got an extra room, and she knows us. Could she live with us?"

Mika nodded immediately. "I trust your judgement, Sophie. I know you would have thought it over. When you can move in, Ani?"

"I don't really have much," Tania said, "So whenever."

"We can make plans after work," Mika said, "And you are definitely not working today. You can hang out with us in the dining area or in the kitchen with Fitch and Joshua."

"Why not!" Tania protested, "I can still work! And I've had more rest than you guys."

Everybody answered at once.

"No." Was Joshua's only answer.

"You fainted on us!" Mika exclaimed.

"Absolutely not, I don't care how much rest you've had." Sophie firmly said.

"You're real funny if you think we're going to let you work." Fitch laughed.

Tania's eyes widened at the protests from them.

"Alright, alright," She said, backing down immediately. "I won't work today."

"Or tomorrow," Joshua added, and Tania went to protest. Seeing the look on his face, she promptly shut her mouth.

"Or tomorrow," She added meekly.

The others, satisfied that she was alright, went back to work. The Leaky Cauldron wasn't very busy, it only being morning, and everyone was sleeping in except for the poor souls who had to work.

The day passed by as Tania uncomfortably sat and watched the others do work. She fidgeted, unused to doing nothing and watching the others work.

The one time she did try and work, by picking up a couple of dishes, Mika quickly took them from her and shooed her away. Sulkily, she went into the kitchen and hung out there, amused by Fitch and Joshua's antics. It was mostly Fitch, with Joshua reacting.

During Sophie's break, she leaned over with a piece of information that occupied her thoughts for the rest of the day.

"Luke was really concerned about you. He said he was going to stop by sometime today and see if you were ok."

This information was delivered with a wink and giggle. Tania gave her own giggle and couldn't stop smiling. After Sophie's lunch break, she followed Sophie to the main room with all the entrances.

It was about two in the afternoon when Luke stopped by the Leaky Cauldron. He hovered by the door for a few seconds before walking in, his eyes scanning the room. Spotting Tania, he gave a grin and walked towards. She responded with her own smile as her heart beat faster and her stomach did flips.