↳ fifty two

felix froze. laying down on his bed, he looked up at his phone, reading the messages changbin had sent him. he lost his train of thought after hearing his doorbell ring twice.

he swiftly took off his blanket and got up to open the door. he opened the lights leading to his living room and his front door, the hardwood floor creaking beneath him.

he swung his door open, to see changbin standing there with a small black paper bag, felix thinking it must be food. "hey, hyung." felix's deep voice spoke.

changbin stood there, ears ringing. he hadn't heard the younger's voice in quite a while, it was deep, but also honey filled. he realized how funny he must've looked, frozen, unsure what to say back to felix.

the shorter inhaled and then exhaled with relief before speaking. "hey lee, how are you?" ending his sentence with a smile. felix missed that, he couldn't help but be serious. the blonde boy had never smiled so big, sparkles in his eyes.

felix motioned changbin to come in and he did, both very hesitant and unsure of what could happen any moment. changbin followed felix to his kitchen, where felix jumped up so he could sit on the counter top in the middle of his kitchen, while changbin decided to stand a few inches away beside him.

"so, what brings you here hyung?" felix asked, looking beside him. "oh, yeah ... congrats felix. i'm really happy for you." changbin answered, reaching his arm out to give felix the petite black paper bag he was holding earlier.

"it's a gift. from paris specifically. after i'd seen the posts, i booked the latest flight to france and had someone custom make it for you. never mind the price but it's a special gift for—" as felix took a peek in the bag, he jumped off the island, and pounced on changbin to give him a hug which almost caused the both of them to fall back.

felix giggled. he felt like a little kid who had just gotten surprised with candies. "thank you." felix said, words muffled due to the fact that half of his face was buried in changbin's shoulder. changbin let out a dry chuckle and hugged the younger even tighter.

in the black paper bag, felix took out a small velvet covered box. he opened it to reveal a gold necklace, with a silver ring dangling in it. felix had noticed words from inside the ring, in the ring, the words engraved read:

always by your side, cb.

a bigger smile popped up on felix's face again, looking at changbin, he smiled. changbin also felt blessed in this moment, because he knew he didn't deserve someone like felix. he was so lucky to have him.

felix once a again mumbled a quiet thank you to changbin, as the shorter moved his own hand to cup felix's face. "let's be happy from now on, lixie." changbin settled. just from this moment, a sudden urge came from changbin.

"last time we did this, you said it meant nothing. this time i want it to mean something." changbin expressed out of nowhere.

"do what, hyung?" felix asked, slightly confused.

changbin moved leaned in closer to felix, and it wasn't until felix realized what was going on when their faces were a few millimetres away from each other. they both tilted their heads, opposite of each others and soon their lips met.

this one didn't feel uncomfortable, and they both weren't on the brink of puking due to the drinking before. this time felt pleasant, a small kiss full of freedom. they both pulled away from each other and smiled, before meeting their lips once again.