Chapter 38: Lyric

Start from the beginning

I look to my right and my jaw dropped again. He was flying next to me, souring on a pair of black feathery wings. I increased my speed.

(Y/n): APOCALYPSE DRAGON COMET!

I sped past him, but I heard him say something from behind me.

Lyric: APOCALYPSE GOD SHOOTING STAR!

He suddenly appeared approve me and that red and black energy swirled around his hand again.

Lyric: APOCALYPSE GOD JUDGEMENT FIST!

He slammed me into the ground him with enough force to crush a mountain. He landed a few yards away from me a spoke in a cocky tone of voice.

Lyric: ya see? This is what happens when you hold back. So as lesson, let me show you what the gods are really capable of.

He extended his hands on either side of him and charged up his magic.

Lyric: I call upon the power of the earth itself. From it's beautiful skies to it's molten core, to crush this boy with the power of the gods.

He then clapped his hands together.

Lyric: MASS DESTRUCTION!

A bright light appeared above me and the next thing I knew, I was laying in a crater the size of the guild hall, barely able to move.

Lyric: ya know, I didn't ask you to come here just so I could kick your ass. I called you here so I could teach you something. You shouldn't hold back in a fight, you never know if your adversary is gonna be stronger than you. I could mean life or death.

(Y/n): so...you...want me...to stop holding...back? Fine.

I slowly got to my feet a charge my energy up around my body. The red and white energy turn a lime green color.

(Y/n): DRAGONSLAYER SECRET ART, MASS RESURRECTION!

A green shockwave emanated from my body. Lyric looked around for a bit before looking at me.

Lyric: PFFFFFFFFFFT, HAHAHAHAHA! YOU'VE GOTTA BE KIDDING ME! THAT SPELL DIDN'T EVEN DO ANYTHING!

The earth began to violently shack and Lyric stopped laughing. Suddenly, a massive claw made of bone came out of the ground along with it came the entire skeleton of a dragon. Lyric watched in amazement as thousands upon thousands of dragon skeletons rose from the ground and flew up into the air.

(Y/n): this is the full power of a dragonslayer! A godslayer couldn't hold a candle to something like this.

I raised my left hand with an open palm and all the dragon skeletons began charging up breath attacks.

Lyric: not bad, kid. I gotta say, I'm impressed. In all honesty, when I first saw you I didn't think you were capable of something like this, but now that I've seen it first hand you've proven me wrong.

I closed my palm and all the dragon blasted their breath attacks at Lyric. The dust cleared revealing Lyric, clothes torn and burnt and most of his body bruised. He was completely immobelized. I walked over to him and lifted him up by the throat.

(Y/n): now, I want you to tell me how you know who I am.

Lyric: haha, of course you wouldn't remember, you were only a baby when I lost you...

I was surprised and confused by his answer. What could he mean?

Lyric: ...but a father never forgets his own son.

I dropped him and stepped back in surprise. Before I knew it, he disappeared in thin air, and he was gone. This was a lot to take in. That strange I was fight was actually my father.

I had to go home. I grabbed my sword, sprouted my wings, and started flying back to Magnolia.

Timeskip brought to you by chibi (y/n) flying back to Magnolia, still processing what just happened

I finally arrived back in Magnolia. I landed in front of the guild hall began limping towards the door. I burst inside and collapsed to the floor.

Erza: (Y/N)!

Grey: OH MY GOD!

NATSU: WHAT HAPPENED TO HIM?!

The last thing I saw was Erza's face before I blacked out.

I woke up in my bed with Erza resting against me. She wasn't asleep, just holding me close to her. Most of my body was covered in bandages. Erza opened her eyes and saw that I was awake.

Erza: (Y/N)!

She wrapped her arms around me held me closer.

Erza: what happened?! How did you get so many injuries?!

(Y/n): woah, Erza, calm down.

She then proceeded to hit me over the head and started crying.

Erza: remember back at the Tower of Heaven? You promised me you wouldn't make me worry again!

(Y/n): I know and I'm sorry. Everything just happened so fa-

Erza suddenly hugged me tight and I hugged back.

(Y/n): I'll explain what happened tomorrow, for now we should get some sleep.

Erza looked at me.

Erza: you really are an idiot.

(Y/n): but I'm your idiot.